Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*Server Suggestion Thread*

Go down 
+32
Duderbug180
xSheepOwnerx
CaLb13
Gornduff
Zinor
Snowyboy
zZzSleepinGrunt
Arronsyaoran
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire
Xuluf
iAsh_
~Tylo
DemonicLord_Kai
duckgrapes
Mr.JimBlob
Hohahihehu
canofpearies
Pie55555
kioekoe
KAoTiCxExile
Aaranos
Nbord
alabasterTempest
Mr Hobnob
RyubosJ
jjruh
Flaughternaught (Akikira)
Folset
PeachCai
sambo4747
GravekeepersCat
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
GravekeepersCat

GravekeepersCat

*Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Pie55555 wrote:
Akikira wrote:
spleef arena? What's that?
Spleef is a very fun game in Minecraft I can show you .........but you need Some lava :l

Spectator Grief Arena, or Spleef for short. its essentially a PvP arena that is ment to be destroyed as the fight gos on, and contains various hazards that the contestants can try and use to their advantage.
they can at times have game modes such as Team Deathmatch, Free-for-all, and capture the wool.
they are ment to be destroyed in the prosess, and spleef plugins often contain a way to reset the area after the game for later use.
Back to top Go down
GravekeepersCat

GravekeepersCat

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Though i honestly have no idea of the viability of any of these mods in SMP or their impact on the lag/solidarity of the server, but thought i would post them anyway if nothing else maybe someone may enjoy them in an SSP playthrough.

I myself in SSP have played all but Balkon's weapon mod and can vouch for them being enjoyable and fairly stable ( or as much as any mod can be )

Mo Creatures
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v125-mo-creatures-v362-with-ostriches-fishbowls-and-smp-support/
(most likely to lag the server really, with all the addes spawns. )

Red Power
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/365357-125-eloraams-mods-redpower-2-prerelease-5b2/
(may lag a bit but is extremely enjoyable for the redstone lovers among us, and useful to anyone willing to learn. )

Balkon's Weapon Mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-125-balkons-weaponmod-v86/
( basicly what it says, more weapons, adds alot of enjoyment to combat )

Invo Tweaks
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/323444-124125spmp-inventory-tweaks-141b-mar-27/
(nothing major but saves amazing amounts of time and keeps things so much more organized with use )

Nature Overhaul
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191599-v11-nature-overhaul-v18/
(amazing mod that allows nature to spread and regenerate forests over time, and can add a low and enjoyable level of maintenance to builds. )

Obsidian Tools and Armor
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1147268-125-obsidian-tools-and-armor-v11/
(the name says it all, and its just something small and adds a bit more use to everyone favorite pain in the arse block to hoard. )

Like i said just thought i'd show some mods i had good experiences with for consideration or at least individual use.
~Mao
Back to top Go down
canofpearies

canofpearies

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:37 pm

[quote="Pie55555 Spleef is a very fun game in Minecraft I can show you .........but you need Some lava :l[/quote]
you dont need lava and I am bringing over my new spleef arena build Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hohahihehu

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:10 am

Redpower would be fantastic, but would affect a relatively small amount of people considering the trouble people would have to go through to connect with that on. I would like it on my own stuff, but for the server as a whole it might have a negative effect on our player numbers.

I personally like Equivalent Exchange, but it would make our economy a complete write-off.
Back to top Go down
Aaranos

Aaranos

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:42 am

I believe that Enderman should be brought back to the server. It is part of legit survival and on a survival server it seems right. Not to mention that their drops are useful.

An Enderman makes the game more difficult because they are stronger than normal mobs. The downside is that they move blocks that mess with a player's build and also allow players to get to the End.

If the End is the reason they are not allowed then simply use turn that off in the minecraft server files. And there are also plugins that stop enderman from picking up blocks as well.
Example: http://minecraft-mp.com/anti-enderman-p841
Back to top Go down
Mr.JimBlob

Mr.JimBlob

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:58 am

Aaranos wrote:
The downside is that they move blocks that mess with a player's build and also allow players to get to the End.

Endermen are programmed to not pick up player placed blocks, But could leave 1 grass block ontop of your castle
Back to top Go down
Aaranos

Aaranos

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Mr.JimBlob wrote:
Aaranos wrote:
The downside is that they move blocks that mess with a player's build and also allow players to get to the End.

Endermen are programmed to not pick up player placed blocks, But could leave 1 grass block ontop of your castle
So an entire mob is removed because it can place some grass on your stuff? It's called maintenance. It's not like it causes any harm that players don't. The survival server is doing a reset because of players leaving floating trees, stripping the desert of sand, deforestation, and various other reasons. Enderman didn't do that, players did.
Back to top Go down
GravekeepersCat

GravekeepersCat

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:27 pm

In all honesty i have to agree, theres no good reason for endermen to be off at this point. The main issue is with people going to The End and the glitchy way the end works in SMP. but there are plenty of two second mods that could turn off the end, make eyes of ender un-craftable, or simply render the portals inert. They are a semi passive mob that do no real harm. Not to mention the fact that they are off will in fact turn off a large amount of new incoming players to the server with the coming of version 1.3, and the addition of the enderchests which require an eye of ender. Small as it may seem its more than enough reason for anyone looking forward to it to say no way to starmine.

long story short. Endermen should be on, find a better way to prevent the issue than eliminating something that doesn't deserve to be, when we already lose so much of how the game works already just in preventing griefing.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:45 am

agree with the end chests we'll need the use of enders (i assume they require them crafted alongside a regular chest to create).

We'll do what we did in world one, and protect the three dungeons to prevent anyone getting near a end gate in the first place
Back to top Go down
duckgrapes

duckgrapes

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:58 am

According to the recipe, I think it's 8 obsidian (placed like a normal chest in the grid) with an ender eye in the centre. Just locking off The End again though should solve that problem.
Back to top Go down
Aaranos

Aaranos

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:54 am

I'm glad people agree, but wouldn't it just be simpler to just ask the server owner to go into the server file and simply right off on the End? However, yes simply destroying the gate holders would make it okay.
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:01 am

I think enderman Should be back.
I know they steel stuff But they are rare and They only steel No rare Stuff
Back to top Go down
GravekeepersCat

GravekeepersCat

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:09 am

PeachCai wrote:
We'll do what we did in world one, and protect the three dungeons to prevent anyone getting near a end gate in the first place

unfortunately they removed the 3 stronghold limit on maps, there capable of spawning infinitely in newly generated worlds, making the act of sealing them so simply much harder.
Back to top Go down
Mr.JimBlob

Mr.JimBlob

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:51 am

Well even if they do find the end, Like when I found my way in there was SEVEN Enderdragons, If anyone can survive that they deserve to live in the end
Back to top Go down
Mr.JimBlob

Mr.JimBlob

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:55 am

Oh and regarding the endermen cant people teleport with the eyes?
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah But It gives you massave damage And You can Die from it
Back to top Go down
Aaranos

Aaranos

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:04 am

Short distances yes, but it hurts you and could kill you. So how is that a problem?
Back to top Go down
duckgrapes

duckgrapes

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:31 pm

If people are skilled with them, then they can effectively "climb" up builds and to areas that are specifically closed off for a reason. Other than that, the ender chests that they can create are non-user specific, so anybody across the entire width of the map who obtains or has access to an ender chest will be able to access whatever is put in there. I don't know about the rest of you, but I predict that would end up causing so many problems and staff would end up getting so many complaints from people who don't know how the chests work, saying they've had their things stolen by others. This is also connected to the ability to completely abuse the chests. As much as I love endermen, unless ender pearls stopped being drops I would be against bringing them back.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:04 pm

There may well be a plugin soon that would enable player specific ender chests - we'll just have to keep our eyes pealed for that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:49 am

Maybe we could get the factions plugin.... it is really good! Also the Heros plugin is pretty fun!

The aether would be really fun to. Then we could have skyrealm as one of the biomes!

Another fun one! Skyblock. Wee can has multiple skyblock worlds for players to get on and survive!

We could get the gates plugin also so when peeps make a castle they can make it a proper castle with a gate
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ

RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:57 am

Factions is on the PVP
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 am

Heros ANd mcmmo Are the worse Plugins To be With Each other
Back to top Go down
DemonicLord_Kai

DemonicLord_Kai

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:57 am

With the new snapshot, Ender Chests are now Player Specific.

There could be a set admin shop that sells the ender chests. For about, 2.5x the price of 8 regular obsidian. So its not possible to profit from it

Last edited by DemonicLord_Kai on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 pm

sounds a good idea
Back to top Go down
Aaranos

Aaranos

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:20 am

DemonicLord_Kai wrote:
With the new snapshot, Ender Chests are now Player Specific.

There could be a set admin shop that sells the ender chests. For about, 2.5x the price of regular obsidian. So its not possible to profit from it

Obsidian is the easy material to get. The hardest material to get would be the eye of ender. So making it really expensive solves nothing really. Plus with the new update it breaks into obsidian if you destroy the chest which means you would have to buy a new one since we can't get eye of ender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Server Suggestion Thread*   *Server Suggestion Thread* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

*Server Suggestion Thread*
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next