Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}

Go down 
+12
Xuluf
Flaughternaught (Akikira)
Pie55555
Muffinmuncher115
PeachCai
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire
AwesomeFlame26
Kc_steve
DemonicLord_Kai
BZant
xSheepOwnerx
Snowyboy
16 posters

Give Starmine more of an PvP feeling then right now?
Yeh , with PvP in wilderniss areas
The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} I_vote_lcap22%The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Yeh , but without the PvP in wilderniss areas
The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} I_vote_lcap26%The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
No , the server is fine how it is right now
The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} I_vote_lcap52%The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Snowyboy

The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} Empty
PostSubject: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:06 am

Hey guys,
Snowy here with an important question/news.
I think it's important to let the community hear it's voice , thats why I will keep making polls , so this won't be the last poll Razz

Yesterday we added the PvP area plugin , but sadly the plugin does glitch a bit.
I've looked more into this plugin , and noticed that not the plugin , but our server makes the plugin so buggy.
Our server is set to 'PvP off' mode , meaning that a plugin like PvP arena , can't be used to it's full potential , and neither are some other plugins.

I noticed that even with the quests, games and all different biomes we offer , the game does get boring eventually , and I would like to expand this period , and let us all have some more fun in-game.

In the past we had a PvP server , and I am not going to make the server like that , even if you guys want to , I feel like Starmine has it's own feeling , and factions will totally ruin the server.

But I am asking , ( with an plugin ofcourse ) if you want PvP in certain areas.

To clarify myself a bit more ; Spawns/shops and such are all protected areas , not only from griefers , but are also zones where people can't attack , but this means that the wilderniss ( unexplored , maybe even you're house ) will be PvP zones.
This can make the game way more interesting and gives us more 'space' on plugins , more 'game plugins' can be added, like we did with the PvP arena.

Or we can make only the games PvP , the rest will be all non-PvP ( even the wilderniss ) , yet if you vote for this , I will really need to look into this , and probably won't update this until im completely sure it's all balanced.

Or ofcourse , we can stay the we way we are right now.

I hope you guys vote , with an explanation below , as this might chance Starmine.

Poll will be ended in 24 hours
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 am

I don't think Starmine as a PVP wilderniss will work. If you are just chilling in your house, and someone suddenly kills you and steals all the dias you had in your inv, people would go pretty mad.

More PVP aspects would be cool though, but when it's everywhere, it would just ruin the feel of Starmine. I'm going with the middle option.
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 am

xSheepOwnerx wrote:
I don't think Starmine as a PVP wilderniss will work. If you are just chilling in your house, and someone suddenly kills you and steals all the dias you had in your inv, people would go pretty mad.

More PVP aspects would be cool though, but when it's everywhere, it would just ruin the feel of Starmine. I'm going with the middle option.

I 100% agree on that , but however , that's how we feel about the server, I think it's important that long-term players , and even new players show how they think off the server , so we got the needs to improve it.

Back to top Go down
BZant

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 am

I also think it'd be unwise to make pvp wilderness. I actually just ran into the wilderness and made my nice little underground house. It;d greatly upset me to have some griefer come into my house and kill me and take my stuff. Or, even IF my house was protected, I can clearly see people camping outside my house waiting to kill me then. I dont see the fun in that. I would think It would be cool though to perhaps keep a nice pvp wilderness but plainly label it that. As in, make a portal that takes everyone FAR away from anything so its really far out there and have it be pvp. That would be fun, and I think people would KNOW that its a pvp area since clearly the portal would say that. I think this could be fun, but pvp wilderness in general Id say no. I voted middle since i think It might be a bit to complicated to do my suggestion. I wouldnt really know. But thats my opinion of the matter. I like pvp, but I like my non-pvp just as much. To much of either really kills the game. It needs to be fine balanced.
Back to top Go down
DemonicLord_Kai

DemonicLord_Kai

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 pm

I personally like starmine for how it is. PvP would just ruin my veiwpoint of this server.
Back to top Go down
Kc_steve

Kc_steve

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:12 pm

PvP in the wilderness doesn't sound good to me but PvP in games would be good.
Back to top Go down
AwesomeFlame26

AwesomeFlame26

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:58 pm

I agree, I hate PvP Servers where it is everywhere. I prefer to just have arenas for it, it's fine as it is right now.
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:29 pm

DemonicLord_Kai wrote:
I personally like starmine for how it is. PvP would just ruin my veiwpoint of this server.

I have to agree on this , but also disagree.

This server is known for not having PvP , but I honestly think this 'ruins us' , more then 90% of the players online like PvP , and if we can limit the PvP just in area's I think it's fine.
Like I said I also prefer not to have PvP in wilderniss , but it seems noone would like that so far.
Back to top Go down
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 pm

AwesomeFlame26 wrote:
I agree, I hate PvP Servers where it is everywhere. I prefer to just have arenas for it, it's fine as it is right now.

I toataly agree with flame I hate PvP servers with a burning passion but in games like the PvP arenas we have now is good so I have ticked- stay the same
But it was a nice though snowy Smile
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 pm

hopefully we can get a better PVP plugin however, this morning again same problem with people being invisible Sad
Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 am

Like everyone else, I think PVP should only be in games.
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:09 am

Ok Ok Ok. I will Vote And everyone Will know What I think About the Pvp Server as well.
I say No Because Of My time In The Pvp. Snowy If you remember there was So Much stupid Drama that It really made me want to Leave(I know i was the middle it) But I wanted to Leave and I did Deleted the Ip And Only player The Survivel. But Grunt Brung me back. If You Bring Pvp back to Starmine Things will happen again.
Drama.
Map Blowing Up.
Also What will happen to the Players that hate pvp. We might loose More players than get some.
I say NOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:40 am

I think PvP is best put in a separate server (which turned out well last time) and arenas, if it's going to be server wide I would want that only survival. Bringing back the PvP server would be nice, or maybe if multiverse would cause tons of lag have a PvP world.
Back to top Go down
Xuluf

Xuluf

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 am

Wonder if there is a plugin that makes the players choose if they want PvP or not like /pvp enable?
Back to top Go down
KAoTiCxExile

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Much like Akikira said, we could always bring back Starmine PvP. It's been months since it was taken down, and we could have a fresh start. The lack of PvP in Starmine Survival means that you're only appealing to about 50% of the Minecraft populace. Many people adore PvP or refuse to play on a server that does not have PvP. With the new faces for PvP, you'd have new opportunities for donations to keep that PvP server running.

It would be a nice fresh start, and since not many people look toward putting PvP in Starmine Survival, the people that would like to see PvP in Starmine could go to the reborn Starmine PvP.
Back to top Go down
MiniMinerMan115

MiniMinerMan115

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Why don't you just worldedit a small world (Somewhere) & Make that a pvp survival game, with a warp/portal (I've seen that half the portals we have so far lead no-where, I reckon we should just use them up :>)
Back to top Go down
http://Churrocraft.niceboard.net
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 pm

MiniMinerMan115 wrote:
Why don't you just worldedit a small world (Somewhere) & Make that a pvp survival game, with a warp/portal (I've seen that half the portals we have so far lead no-where, I reckon we should just use them up :>)

Dont we have that already?

And pvp games area (more of what we already have) is the best, pure PVP can go on another server
Back to top Go down
skattonollfem

skattonollfem

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:05 am

I think it might be good for the server. For me it doesn't really matter, but it could be important when it comes to bringing new people.

Not sure how this works, what you can change etc. But a good thing might be to have dropped items "owned" by the player who dropped it on death, so they cant be picked up by anyone else. ofc all protections can be abused, but it should still work if you punish abusive behavior firmly.

Not sure if this has been suggested before, on my phone so cant read very well haha. But yea I'm all for PvP with protected cities etc. Maybe with protection for player cities? To add to their usefulness?
Back to top Go down
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 am

peach i have had a idea why not get the multiworlds plugin so you can go in a differnt world to play pvp?
Back to top Go down
Xuluf

Xuluf

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 am

Pvptoggle bukkit plugin?
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:01 am

Starmine survival is now up and running , i think now's the time to bring back pvp.... and have 2 equally good survers. and maybe 1 owner focuses on 1 server - as from the last starmine pvp , no owner visited , it was owned by the admins.

Pvp all the way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}   The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll} Empty

Back to top Go down

The Future of Starmine , you decide! {Poll}
Page 1 of 1