Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PvP on starmine?!

Go down 
+6
RyubosJ
PeachCai
Rixaka
TheRidler
willthepro
Snowyboy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

PvP on starmine!?
Add factions and set up safezones I don't care about the wilderniss.
PvP on starmine?! I_vote_lcap25%PvP on starmine?! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Add factions and set up safezones but I do care about the wilderniss.
PvP on starmine?! I_vote_lcap33%PvP on starmine?! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Leave the server as it as right now.
PvP on starmine?! I_vote_lcap42%PvP on starmine?! I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Snowyboy

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:52 pm

PvP on Starmine!?
I personally think that we all had a though about it, what would it be to have PvP on starmine?

Recently we've decided to add some new plugins , including mob arena and war ( which is Capture the flag and Team deathmatch modes).
We've luckily got mob arena to work, but now for the war plugin.
On starmine I never wanted to add PvP , so from the start in the config files I set PvP off.
Which means NOONE can hurt anybody.
But I heard there is a huge demand for the PvP plugin , and I personally think it will spice the server up.
But in order for this to work, I need to add a new plugin called 'factions', this plugin allows me to set safezones, warzones and wilderniss.
I basically set up this plugin mainly for the safezones, so we still got our protected areas.
The safe zones will include:
- Every town with 3 or more population
- Spawn
- More to add.

I really want to make clear that outside those areas its ALL PvP , so NOT ONLY IN THE WAR AREA.
For people asking if factions will be something on the server , no it will not, in order for factions to work we need to set up a worldborder, else the factions are way to spread out.
But since the server is online for 3 months already alot of people build out of this border, so this is no option.

I will open a poll for you guys to decide , I will end it later today.
Please vote for the thing you would really like to happen.
I would once again warn you that EVERYTHING OUTSIDE A SAFEZONE IS WILDERNISS AKA PVP.

Thanks for voting =]
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 am

Me, I would sorta like it, except, in in certain areas. Like, not in Public places or in towns or such. But i would not limit it to just one place. I would put in a new Biome called PvP. A place where you can PvP. So that the other biomes don't become a death hazard when your trying to get 3 your house. Also, I really like the mob arena. It's AWESOME, when will the default one be back??
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:03 am

Also, Is it possible that you don't have to join a fraction, and run solo. Cuz I've played on faction servers. And it wasn't to fun. I would personally not hhave factions, like a free for all, everyman for himself
Back to top Go down
TheRidler

TheRidler

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:04 am

Will's idea is great. I have seen servers where pvp is on everywhere and those suck. Pvp biome or a new pvp-world is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://starmine.niceboard.com
Snowyboy

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:07 am

A new world for PvP is a good idea , thing is we need new spawns and such in that case , gonna take years to set up :L
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:14 am

Ya, it was just an idea. Don't know if its the best but I'm just tryin to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 am

Hey Ridler, are you back to starmine or are u still in school and work most of your time?
Back to top Go down
TheRidler

TheRidler

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:22 am

Now i can play more.
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 am

Oh, well that's great. How long did it take for you to make your floating dome? That is like impossible 2 build!
Back to top Go down
TheRidler

TheRidler

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 am

I used //hsphere glass
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:29 am

Can I do that aswell or just admins?
Back to top Go down
TheRidler

TheRidler

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:29 am

Only admins
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, still I really like it. Have you been doing the MobArena Lately?
Back to top Go down

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 am

Snowy, i like pvp but i dont want it everywhere. On another server i used to go on it was a non-pvp server, but people wanted pvp in certain places so they added factions. It had safezones, warzones and wilderness. In safezones only certain people could break things, in wilderness everyone could place/break, but still no pvp there, there was only pvp in the warzones. The only way you could have pvp in the wilderness is if you have a faction the other person has a faction and they are enemies. The owner, FuriousOne, made you pay 1,000,000,000,000 dollars to become an enemy so it was impossible to have pvp in the wilderness. Idk how they did it but i think thats what they did. So you couldn't hurt people not in a faction, people who are in a faction but aren't enemies/ allies and you couldn't hurt allies, and it was impossible to become enemies.
Back to top Go down
willthepro

willthepro

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 am

So your saying that you'd have 2 be in a faction to be killed/kill?
Back to top Go down
Rixaka

Rixaka

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 am

I'm all for a PVP biome. The biome would allow those who do not want PVP and just want to build to not have to worry about finding a place to put down their house and get attacked in the process.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 am

I vote for PVP only in a specific place, not in the wilderness, or everywhere -I think it would change what this server is too completely to do otherwise
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ

RyubosJ

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 am

single area sounds the best
Back to top Go down

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 am

snowy, there are multi-world plugins available, not sure how they work but wouldnt having one of those make it possible?
Back to top Go down

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 am

Ninja4734 wrote:
Snowy, i like pvp but i dont want it everywhere. On another server i used to go on it was a non-pvp server, but people wanted pvp in certain places so they added factions. It had safezones, warzones and wilderness. In safezones only certain people could break things, in wilderness everyone could place/break, but still no pvp there, there was only pvp in the warzones. The only way you could have pvp in the wilderness is if you have a faction the other person has a faction and they are enemies. The owner, FuriousOne, made you pay 1,000,000,000,000 dollars to become an enemy so it was impossible to have pvp in the wilderness. Idk how they did it but i think thats what they did. So you couldn't hurt people not in a faction, people who are in a faction but aren't enemies/ allies and you couldn't hurt allies, and it was impossible to become enemies.

^^^^this, but allow for factions to be enemies, it'd help with the RP aspect of things
sorry for double post
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Kepp it how it is
Back to top Go down
jjruh

jjruh

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 am

I like the idea of more PvP places, however, I can't stand the factions plugin. Not to mention alot of people have homes in multiple towns, and with the factoins mod, they would have to choose one town to live in. In short, I am not against making PvP bigger on this server, but I am against a factions mod.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:19 am

As an alternative, why not use the PVP toggle plugin - so you type /pvp to activate pvp, and /pvp to turn it off again?

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/pvptoggle/
Back to top Go down

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 am

i forgot about that thing....
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Mabye have a different world for all that war and stuff So People On the other world won't have to suffer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PvP on starmine?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP on starmine?!   PvP on starmine?! Empty

Back to top Go down

PvP on starmine?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next