Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Rule No Obby Bases

Go down 
+9
CharlesAwesome
TankerElite
Enemycommander
bk201soren
Pie55555
GojoMaximus
~Tylo
zZzSleepinGrunt
Emil
13 posters

What do you think about The No Obsidian base rule?
I think it is good, cause in a PvP server there must be a way to raid someone.
New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_lcap39%New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 11 ]
I dont actually care about it, im just minding my own business.
New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_lcap4%New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
I dont like the new rule, why has there to be a rule about this, it is PvP and you can build your base out of every material you want.
New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_lcap54%New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 15 ]
Other answer.
New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_lcap3%New Rule No Obby Bases I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Emil

New Rule No Obby Bases Empty
PostSubject: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 am

There was some arguing about the new rule i just made,
No Obsidian bases.

Feel free to leave your opinion about it here
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:06 am

We should make the rule no COMPLETE obsidian bases but you can make your chest room made out of obsidian. BUT their f home cannot be in their obsidian vault of chests. So you can still kill them enough to claim their obby vault.

Last edited by zZzSleepinGrunt on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 am

I agree
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 am

Same here
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:27 am

In My Opinion I find it No Fair HOW the Rule was placed. It was Savage and someone Yapping In Snow's Ear to change it because the can't raid a simple base. Also It wasn't fair how you people didn't leave when they needed to change the base. Also this is my faverite Story. 3 PEOPLE from TeK Told Me I should know the rules. Lol. I go by the tree everyday and I never seen it. Remember Snow is the owner Not Snowy so there a different Rules. Also I like How they are Constantly Picking on my moves because of Mod = Not agreeing with them. And when It stoped 1 of them said. Nice to see you did the right thing. I felt like it isn't the right thing because if you had to make the rule make it when the server started. Also I might be a little Picky On Your move Snow But your the owner you Pick. I don't care either way, but plz lay off my back the members of TeK. I am more agresive than I was 7 months ago.
Good Day. ANd Remember if you want a rule. Don't make it so it is cheap for one side o.-
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 am

I agree that the rule shouldn't have been changed while someone was raiding. That's a bit unfair.
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Well, I personally think change the rule to no unraidable bases. There are plenty of other ways to make a base unraidable besides just using 100% obsidian. I'm betting Naga's base, while not completely made of obsidian is impossible to get into anyways, which is why they are so specifically wanting just obby bases gone. And we know people will just interpret the rules as they see fit. A base covered in water is nearly just as impossible to raid. And making it sand cannon proof isn't hard either. If you are going to force people to make their base out of something besides obsidian, the rule should be that it is possible to get in the majority of their base. Essentially this rule would force people to have a door open in their faction base. And their f home must be present somewhere that is reachable be everyone.
Back to top Go down
Enemycommander

Enemycommander

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 am

Actually, I wouldn't mind this rule, if it were a bit more reasonable. Make it where we can build with obby, but no more than 50% or 33% of the visible parts of our base can be made out of it. Obviously the other half would have to be human made materials, like cobble, or wooden planks. This way, large factions could bomb the parts that aren't obby to make the base out of more obby than allowed, and thus breaking the rules. After that, give them 12 or 24 hours to amend their base before doing something about it. Just what I would like to see.
Back to top Go down
TankerElite

TankerElite

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:28 am

Just saying, Anvils have the same blast-resistance properties of obsidian, so, in theory, someone making an anvil base will get the same protection an obsidian base will offer, but without breaking the no obby base rule.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 am

I would like to see someone take the time and resources to make a anvil base. Lol.
Back to top Go down
CharlesAwesome

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 am

Enchantment table base or enderchest base? Hahha
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:36 am

Ender chest base would be awesome Lol. It wouldn't be all that hard to make either.
Back to top Go down
CharlesAwesome

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 am

Ohmehgawd stop actually making me want to make one.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

Lol. Brb going creative SP ender chest base ftw.
Back to top Go down
CharlesAwesome

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 am

Can you test if you can enderpearl/shoot arrows/ hit through the cracks of the enderchests? (Im seriously considering this.) Hahaha
Back to top Go down
ascarygrunt

ascarygrunt

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:02 pm

The rule should be: "Your base HAS to be raidable in some way shape or form." It's a PVP server so there has to be some way to engage PVP in someones base/on their land
Back to top Go down
Miska (taters3121)

Miska (taters3121)

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:18 pm

ascarygrunt wrote:
The rule should be: "Your base HAS to be raidable in some way shape or form." It's a PVP server so there has to be some way to engage PVP in someones base/on their land

Agreed there must be some sort of way to get in. It's just not a pvp server without raiding
Back to top Go down
KAoTiCxExile

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 pm

If you're going to let people have Full Obsidian bases, you need to re-allow people to use Enderpearls. :/
Back to top Go down
CharlesAwesome

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't think they should be allowed to have full obby boxes. There should be at least 1 exit on your base. :p
Back to top Go down
OblivionKyuubi

OblivionKyuubi

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Sorry but I may be as so blunt as to say, base limitations are a bit annoying in all honesty. If you put limitations on any base then there is many complications and then it even puts more stress on the staff. If members are able to make it to where you aren't able to raid them unless you have to kill down their members and over claim there land, why not let them?

The pvp server is about raiding and having that player vs. player experience. If you can't get into a base then how about finding those members and killing them off until they drop down to -10 power per member?

As for the pvp aspect, there is now an arena though all in all should be a lot bigger as the fact that there are a lot more members on nowadays and need more room to actually fight. On that note please remove the safe zone within the pvp arena, it is being used as blanket.

You forget, there is always and I mean Always a way to get into any base. If you want a base to be raidable, get rid of sign protection. There are members abusing that and placing sighs at every other block in order to negate the affects of tnt and creeper damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rule No Obby Bases   New Rule No Obby Bases Empty

Back to top Go down

New Rule No Obby Bases
Page 1 of 1