Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

nvm, I have changed my mind for now

Go down 
+7
KAoTiCxExile
MiniMinerMan115
zZzSleepinGrunt
Enemycommander
Pie55555
GojoMaximus
bk201soren
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miska (taters3121)

Miska (taters3121)

nvm, I have changed my mind for now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: nvm, I have changed my mind for now   nvm, I have changed my mind for now - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 pm

I have to side with bk201soren a bit on this. I mean If it's a glitch I don't think starmine has to list every single rule on every little thing. A lot of it is common sense like the hugedaven guy who went around on survival killing everyone with potions. The rules never said "you can't kill anyone" but it's kind of common sense when PVP isn't enabled.

And its called a "glitch" for a reason it's a fault in the system that shouldn't be there and isnt there to be used.

Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: nvm, I have changed my mind for now   nvm, I have changed my mind for now - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 pm

KAoTiCxExile wrote:
That's just it. You keep referring to this as a "glitch" when a "glitch" is something that isn't meant to be possible. Glitches are like bugs, they exist, but they are not meant to. All we did, was take advantage of the basic mechanics of Ender pearls.

When an ender pearl is thrown at the base of a block, (bottom side), it sends you to the top. This can be used in rapid succession because when said block is under another block, your head lands inside the above block. If another pearl is thrown, it hits the bottom of the block your head is inside of, thus making you go yet another block higher. These are the mechanics of the Ender Pearl. If you have a problem with it, take it up with Jeb_, or talk to Snowy about getting them disabled. If you wish to have them enabled, then quit complaining, and learn how to use the tools you have.

Well, when put like that yes it can technically not be counted as a bug. I still believe a stand should be taken against exploiting bugs, unlike how most people have said here that "glitches are allowed". Like I also have previously said, if duplicating diamond is caused from the mistake of a plugin, one could call it a glitch (or bug). A glitch or bug are basically a design flaw after all. And my point, exploiting design flaws(glitches) should be against the rules and action should be taken against that.

So my point of view on the subject hasn't really changed. Exploiting a glitch should still be against the rules, even if the rules aren't specifically the worded to say "glitching isn't allowed". The only difference is now I can agree that ender pearling isn't technically a glitch so it should be allowed it until specifically stated otherwise.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: nvm, I have changed my mind for now   nvm, I have changed my mind for now - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 pm

So basically your agreeing with Kao, yet disagreeing with him >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nvm, I have changed my mind for now   nvm, I have changed my mind for now - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

nvm, I have changed my mind for now
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2