Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Never no admins /moderators on :l

Go down 
+8
jjruh
Smaster
Mr.JimBlob
Pie55555
PeachCai
Omnom18
Snowyboy
Mr Hobnob
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

Never no admins /moderators on :l Empty
PostSubject: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:37 am

The past couple of days i,ve been thinking that when ever i come online theres never no admins/moderators on
and theres always a bunch of things people need done, or to ask the admins i was thinking that u might need to recruit some more admins

or maybe its just me :L
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:23 am

Not gonna recruit more admins , but when I am back from my holiday I will get get more moderators.
Back to top Go down
Omnom18

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Same issue on the PvP server this morning. There was 24+ people online and not a single moderator or admin to service them.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 pm

I dont think its fair to complain mid week during work or school hours, think you have to be a little more resonable when it comes to running servers; this isn't a job we are paid to do afterall.

As snowy has said above, we will be after new mods, which will be run through the forum as normal, to make up for lost numbers on the mod side of things, and to stay in line with the number of members we have around.

I look forward to seeing all your applications soon, its important we keep the servers free of those fools who would wish to distrupt our enjoyment of the game
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:27 am

kk i suppose i was being a bit out of order, but it just annoyes me :L
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:24 am

hey no i totally agree with you, its not fair to be online without having someone available to do stuff like protections etc etc
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 am

Wait Sorry I am A little Confused While Doing the Post But
This is the Main server Right
Back to top Go down
Omnom18

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:36 am

Not sure, Pie. I myself mean the PvP server, as stated.
Back to top Go down
Mr.JimBlob

Mr.JimBlob

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 am

I wont be on the PvP in the morning due to school but after that I'm on all day
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:21 am

Depends On what Time to Us your Morning is
Back to top Go down
Smaster

Smaster

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:25 am

Okay just to clarify All Admins and Mods are in the UK, and either work, or school, so we cant actually get on during then so, if you have a problem or anything, come on here and we'll do what we can when we get back... so its not our faults, just be a little considerate.
Back to top Go down
jjruh

jjruh

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:42 am

Then the new moderators should be in different time zones, to expand the range of the staff.
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 am

Well I was In Canada So that is a different Time-zone
Back to top Go down
Mr.JimBlob

Mr.JimBlob

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 am

jjruh wrote:
Then the new moderators should be in different time zones, to expand the range of the staff.
That could fix the problem like %50 'merica %50 UK would have someone on mostly all the time then you have the problem of work/ school again, But when I log in its nice to see people helping even though they are not "Staff" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flaughternaught (Akikira)

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 am

Actually Canada and the U.S.A. have several time zones. Good Idea though.

Also I find that mostly on the survival server the only admin that is on constantly is Ala and with all the things people want done how much time does she get to have fun?
Back to top Go down
jjruh

jjruh

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 am

Akikira wrote:
the only admin that is on constantly is Ala
Accually yuki is the only admin that YOU see on constantly, which is my point. TheRidler and PeachCai are on frequently, however they are not on in your time slot. The problem with the PvP server is, that all the admins are in the same time slot, so you get a few hours with 3 admins, and then 15 hours without one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 am

Exactly why it's a good idea. see I didn't know how often theridler was on (I forgot you Peach sorry I no you are on frequently).
Back to top Go down
tinyman333

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Well Soul is a temporary admin till snowy gets back and Peach is usually busy but gets on when he has the chance. But do to Snowy's absence Ala now has a lot of things to do on her plate, so when she does get on and you ask for protection or a rollback on a greif, see if she is free first.
Back to top Go down
jjruh

jjruh

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:28 pm

tinyman333 wrote:
or a rollback on a greif, see if she is free first.
Better yet, ask a moderator for griefing/rollback assistance. Thats why snowy gave mods access to hawkeye.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Aye sadly there isn't as much time to build the things I want at the moment, but as long as people are getting their protections done sooner rather than waiting on a grief to hit, its saves us all time in the future. But yes, please make use of the mods, they can rollback any griefs and do bans etc as required

(Will get the legacy ban installed for mods as soon as soon gets back)
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 am

I try to be on as much as I possibly can, however, keep in mind I'm pretty much a non-wife housewife and about to enter College. There'll be a lot of times where I just leave MC up while I'm cleaning or cooking.

The biggest problem I find is that I AM the only one online during really busy times. It's a relief when Peach or Ridler gets on with Saturday afternoons and nights. Vacation time for schools is even worse, so I can't imagine how back the first few weeks of summer are going to be.
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 am

well i fought mods/admins were chosen on how much they,re on the server witch to me makes alot of sence :L
Back to top Go down
duckgrapes

duckgrapes

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:23 am

I had a post written out but then my connection died. :l

To summarise though; I'm in the UK and I often don't see any mods/admins on until mid afternoon, I do get that people are busy so it's no jab at them. While there are some regular member folks that try to help when it's regarding things that don't require special permissions such as answering questions, there is only so much that can be done.
Theoretically there should be enough mods, but due to being busy or just not bothering to log on any more the number of mod folks online really is too little for a server that gets as busy as it does sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never no admins /moderators on :l   Never no admins /moderators on :l Empty

Back to top Go down

Never no admins /moderators on :l
Page 1 of 1