Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MCMMO problem and proposed solution

Go down 
+9
Enemycommander
Aus
Miska (taters3121)
zZzSleepinGrunt
Mr Hobnob
Flaughternaught (Akikira)
GojoMaximus
~Tylo
jjruh
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

What do you think should become of MCMMO?
Don't touch my MCMMO!
MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_lcap28%MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Remove MCMMO completely
MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Put level cap on MCMMO between 300-400
MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_lcap28%MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Put level cap on MCMMO above or below 300-400
MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Other Solution
MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
jjruh

jjruh

MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 am

Ahh, so you use superbreaker and silk touch, then since superbreaker doesnt work after you place it you use fortune, which does... seems a bit cheaty... but I like it. But back on topic, what about 550 mcmmo cap? that seems high enough for a advantage for top players accually a bit too much in my opionion. but it isnt so high as to not be unabtainable for a casual player.
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 am

Well, it depends on the skill really. I feel as though for lack of trying some skills are just built better than others. Archery for example is highly over powered at high levels. At level 1000 it can one hit kill someone in diamond armour no problem. So saying the cap was 500 for this skill would be better. Even at 500 skill archery would be pretty deadly.

So that's practically why unarmed should get a 750 cap. Unarmed is anti-archery. The arrow deflect chance would help counter it. And at 750 that's a 37.5% chance of negating arrow damage, which doesn't nerf archery since at 500 skill archery can do 40 damage on average roughly. And unarmed is pretty under powered anyways. The best thing it's got going for it is it's an automatic easy weapon to have on you that you can't lose if you die either. No risk.

Now axes couldn't hurt from being reduced to 500-550 I guess. The armour damage can still do it's thing at that low of a level, but it will just take a bit longer. It accomplishes armour tearing, but not at the point where some people may find it extreme ish?

Taming I haven't tried too much and can't say how it fits into the balance among all of them. And finally swords, I'm going to say it has it's counters either way. I'd cap it out at 500-550 as well because basically it just adds more damage on to the weapon with bleed chances and counter attacks. It wouldn't hurt too much if it was capped at 750 either though.

As for the passive skills, I wouldn't say they necessarily need a capping at all. Most need to be at 800 or 750 to get their special advantages like being able to dig up cobweb, blast mining having it's full radius, and arcane forging rank 4. If these passive skills "needed" to be capped it should be 750 at most, no less or their best perks will be lost.
Back to top Go down
jjruh

jjruh

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 am

BK, I do say, that sounds like a good plan, now all we have to do is get a owner to take note.
About the passave skills I wan't really hoping to have those capped, as they don't give too much of a combat advantage. but perhaps a high cap on those wouldnt hurt, since what is the real reason one would want to use super breaker more than 30 seconds.
With this issue being wrapped up for the most part, now we can focus our attention on some other issues, such as the victory conditions. And perhaps tonight or tommorow, I am going to post somthing about PvP arena "game modes" and arenas in general.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 am

I'm not going at BK or jj, I just want to say that I am amazed at how overlooked unarmed it -.- You've only said some of the issues involving it
Back to top Go down
jjruh

jjruh

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:51 am

GojoMaximus wrote:
I'm not going at BK or jj, I just want to say that I am amazed at how overlooked unarmed it -.- You've only said some of the issues involving it
With the chance to make your opponent drop what is in their hand, the best counter for unarmed would appear to be unarmed, so the best thing to do would be to fight fist on fist with somone you know has high unarmed so you dont loose your sword
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Me and ascarygrunt used that technique on the old server bk :p
Back to top Go down
ascarygrunt

ascarygrunt

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 pm

I dont think we need to remove MCMMO completely. I dont like the idea of cappin levels off either. The only reason people are so high up is because of the end. If we reset MCMMO and disable the end it should even out Over the course of time. We never had problems like this on the opd server and the only thing i can see thats different is the end. I just wouldnt like to see MCMMO go because it is the only stats you have to work toward and it wouldnt be as fun without it.
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Technically speaking "if" we are going to reset skills because of the End, I believe only pvp skills should be reset. Imagine how mad people who be if their mining was gone as well just from everyone else killing endermen in the End? Although the End won't change anything after the reset, some people can make almost just as efficient dark rooms to power level their skill.

Also unarmed gets too much credit by people who use it. Damage is below par, and disarm is hard to use under most circumstances. Perhaps the most broken element about the skill is invisibility potions and unarmed paired together. The two come together for someone who has nothing to lose(since no armour or weapon to drop), yet have a pretty good chance of actually winning the battle against someone decked out in armour and/or a weapon. Since it is rather hard to hit/see an almost undetectable target.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:55 pm

True bk. If we are going to do anything about the End/stats. Only reset combat stats and possibly disable the End. (Or just make the endermen give less xp as Mao suggested).
Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Y not just leave it, i dont see much wrong with it now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 pm

It will become an issue later on though
Back to top Go down
ascarygrunt

ascarygrunt

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:38 am

Yea i agree with bk, it would make sense to only reset the PVP skills but just because a skill isnt directly used by killing endermen doesntbmean that it doesnt effect the skill. Skills like repair and mining still get effected. I guess as of 1.4 the repair skill wont be the same but i dont think that we should ONLY reset combat because it'l just throw everything off.
Back to top Go down
Enemycommander

Enemycommander

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:52 am

Combat skills alone is a little vague to reset. No point in reseting Taming or Archery. People worked hard for those skills, and no End grinding was involved. Weeks of work for some, only to have it stripped away for basically no reason. Not that I'm for a reset in skills. To be honest, earning back it wouldn't take that long. Maybe another week or two. The only difference would be, only a select few would bother to grind their mcmmo after that point and the gap between them would be far greater than before. Causing people to complain again how it would need a reset.

And how would that work? I mean, should you reset the map every time someone earns a protection IV set. If you take away people's work every time they work for it, after a while they'll just quit working for it. You really shouldn't have the plugin installed if you want everyone to play casually with it. There will always be players like me or BK who will grind until we're maxed out. And if you cap the skills you take away the carefully thought out balance in them, and you might as well remove them from the game.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

We aren't going to do it continously...Not 1 person has strongly said on the forum that they dont want combat stats to be reset.
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:11 pm

ascarygrunt wrote:
Yea i agree with bk, it would make sense to only reset the PVP skills but just because a skill isnt directly used by killing endermen doesntbmean that it doesnt effect the skill. Skills like repair and mining still get effected. I guess as of 1.4 the repair skill wont be the same but i dont think that we should ONLY reset combat because it'l just throw everything off.
It may effect the repair skill, but in the end the materials still had to be wasted. Heck, if someone wanted they could just temporarily leave the faction, exchange axe blows with you, and use a majority of your resources power leveling repair. Quite easy really. So even if they spent ages repairing axes or whatever they used, they still needed the material and material was still wasted. Thus the skill is still kinda legit.

Edit: Not that the rest isn't legit, but it was earned easier than normal. I am in the process of developing a superb dark room, and once it is complete it will almost be a good as an ender farm. Downside, kinda like a pseudo ender farm this thing will not get spawn priorities all the time. Meaning it works best when fewer people are online. Plus side is easy archery training and materials of every kind, not just pearls anymore. This will kinda be like the one darkroom artock made. He managed to get his unarmed to 400 easily off his I believe. Did that almost in one day if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:40 am

I think something was done to stop leveling from enderman on mcmmo someone said. Don't know when, or what happened, but I hope something will put an end to this without removeing MCMMO.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:10 am

It's nice that endermen don't raise your stats anymore. I still think that a reset is necessary though
Back to top Go down
Miska (taters3121)

Miska (taters3121)

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am

GojoMaximus wrote:
It's nice that endermen don't raise your stats anymore. I still think that a reset is necessary though

Agreed, many users already took an advantage of the end and we have to remove that to make it fair. If we can maybe just reset combat skills
Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am

NUUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:41 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Well, archery and taming could technically couldn't be increased by endermen at all really. So would they be lumped in with the rest of the combat skills that some people are wanting reset? Not that I'm saying I myself want the skill's reset. But then again I do have the highest skills.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

..... and almost everyone will not be able to catch up to you now.
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 am

GojoMaximus wrote:
..... and almost everyone will not be able to catch up to you now.

Yeah, my axes could always be lowered down while every else keeps their skill. 1090 is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:57 pm

It really is >.<

Must get boring after a while too
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 pm

The axes are boring and not that useful, except for people who love to walk the line of safezone/pvp at the arena. I don't battle too many people with protection IV sets either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MCMMO problem and proposed solution   MCMMO problem and proposed solution - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MCMMO problem and proposed solution
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3