Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

About facts.

Go down 
+5
Flaughternaught (Akikira)
Kc_steve
xSheepOwnerx
Xuluf
MalkBll
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MalkBll

MalkBll

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:09 am

All staff says "welcome" when we first came. Ok. We all know its only words... But for some reason we believe that people will be nice with you. As I said, for some reason...

Then we waste alot of time building nice things to make the server awesome. There was lag, we know, but we still keep doing our things. And we keep telling our friends to come.

So... We try to be friendly with people and we expect that people will be a little more friendly with you. But it simply doesn't happen. Ok, world is not perfect.

But theres a thing I don't understand: Why the Staff care much more about whining kids, that add random people in their protection (then got griefed), and for all those childish fights "oh you locked my door/ oh you killed my villager/ oh you keep my things"?

And when we say "hey, come see what we built" they tell you: "No, I don't want"

Oh, nice. We really feel warmed with this attitude.

Staff care much more with the bad and whining players! They have much more patience with people who do wrong things (griefing/xraying/cursing) than with people who want to build nice things for you guys enjoy.

True, you guys don't have any obligations with us, and you guys are free to ignore what we did. But it make us feel neglected.

If Starmine want good players, the staff needs some changes in their attitude, in their charisma... And need to follow all the rules and punishments in the hard way, to show people that the justice will always prevails.

It's ok if the server is like that and there is no intention for changes, but the global message asked me for opinion/idea, and there it is.

I'll keep myself playing, as much as I want. But if anything changes, I don't have reasons for donations or to get myself envolved with people around here (this isn't an intimidation, just a fact). That's it.
Back to top Go down
Xuluf

Xuluf

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:20 am

It is our job to handle the "bad guys", help people that needs tech help. And sometimes when we don't need to help anyone we might even want to build... Or whatever we want to do Smile I have almost time all the time to see what players have built but ofc sometimes I also want to build something, or weight even don't want to see everything that happens on the server. And I guess that it is a bit rude to say: "no, I don't want to"
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am

What Asacole said: We are here to help. We focus more on the 'whining kids', so you can have more fun. If we didn't do that, the chat would probably be spammed, everyone would use caps, and the community would be.. awful.
Back to top Go down
Kc_steve

Kc_steve

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:49 am

MalkBll wrote:
All staff says "welcome" when we first came. Ok. We all know its only words... But for some reason we believe that people will be nice with you. As I said, for some reason...

Saying Welcome to everyone who joins is good. It shows we are a friendly server.
No, not everyone will be nice back but that doesn't mean you should stop doing it.

MalkBll wrote:
But theres a thing I don't understand: Why the Staff care much more about whining kids, that add random people in their protection (then got griefed), and for all those childish fights "oh you locked my door/ oh you killed my villager/ oh you keep my things"?

We give Our help to people who need it. It doesn't not mean we "care" more for them than anyone else.

MalkBll wrote:
And when we say "hey, come see what we built" they tell you: "No, I don't want"
Oh, nice. We really feel warmed with this attitude.

The Staff are players too. They sometimes want to build thier own stuff rather than see other players, and yes we get asked alot to come see peoples stuff and most of the time we do have a look.

MalkBll wrote:
They have much more patience with people who do wrong things (griefing/xraying/cursing)

People who break the rules get punished. They don't get "let off" unless its an honest mistake. I have no idea why you think they would get treated different.

MalkBll wrote:
If Starmine want good players, the staff needs some changes in their attitude, in their charisma... And need to follow all the rules and punishments in the hard way, to show people that the justice will always prevails.

The rules on Starmine are very good and put in place to make the server better.
If you feel someone broke the rules and wasn't punshed enough for it you can always talk to a member of staff about it.

Back to top Go down
MalkBll

MalkBll

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:21 pm

The "different" treatment depends on who we are talking about. Some people deserve instaban, some people are just like Kc_steve said: in a honest mistake. It happens, I know that and I'm not arguing about.

Is all about focusing more on enforcing rules than argue the rules. Less chat, more action. So you all will have much more time for yourselves. (I'm telling that based in all chat conversations in these 2 days).

As I said, you guys don't have any obligations with us - what includes our stupid askings like "come see my building". But you don't need to be rude like we are oh my god annoying you - Remembering that your position don't gives you the right to treat people like trash.

But yeah, now I know how the things works here. And, well, It's only my opinion. =D
Back to top Go down
Kc_steve

Kc_steve

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:27 pm

MalkBll wrote:
Remembering that your position don't gives you the right to treat people like trash.

If a member of staff seems to be treating people "like trash" sent a pm to Snowy or Peach about that member of staff and what he/she said.

I haven't seen any member of staff treat people like this and would hope it wasn't the case and was just a misunderstanding
Back to top Go down
MalkBll

MalkBll

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:45 pm

I'll let it be. Isn't my intention to be annoying or cause any kind of confusion. But if something go out of control, be sure that I'll report. =)
Back to top Go down

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Well it's nice to see people showing their opinions. It's clearly nothing to fuss about seeing those friendly good will smily faces.
As for enforcment I've been working on a rule book for people to start off with. Hopefully that will come accross as less excuses more punishment.
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:14 am

Malk,

The funny thing is , we are actually a caring staff , you agreed it yourself , our staff is working to fix the problems on the server , we are focusing on griefs , xrays and other things that are not allowed on the server.

But to say that this makes our server bad is insane .. I have played on other servers while I didnt have my own server , and one of the things that really stood up was the uncaring staff.
When someone got griefed they wouldn't help , and they always abused their power.

Please reconsider you're opinion about this , they might focus more on xrays and griefs , but ATLEAST THEY DO FOCUS.
And not simply ignore all the problems.
Back to top Go down
MalkBll

MalkBll

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:04 am

Snowyboy wrote:
Malk,

The funny thing is , we are actually a caring staff , you agreed it yourself , our staff is working to fix the problems on the server , we are focusing on griefs , xrays and other things that are not allowed on the server.

But to say that this makes our server bad is insane .. I have played on other servers while I didnt have my own server , and one of the things that really stood up was the uncaring staff.
When someone got griefed they wouldn't help , and they always abused their power.

Please reconsider you're opinion about this , they might focus more on xrays and griefs , but ATLEAST THEY DO FOCUS.
And not simply ignore all the problems.

You got what I've said in a wrong way. I'm here giving my opinion because I think this server is good, really good - or why would I care about?

I'm reporting to you guys what I saw, with some hope that it will help! Sorry if I looked "mad" about things, 'cause this is not what I'm trying to show - and I never said "bad". xP

If I give you my opinion, it comes with a hope to see things better! =)

@Akikira

And yeah, I'll be happy to see those improvements! =D
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:27 am

Sorry for misreading what you ment , and thanks for you're opinion.
Back to top Go down
XDayLights_EndX

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

The staff is nice.
Back to top Go down
Xuluf

Xuluf

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:51 am

XDayLights_EndX wrote:
The staff is nice.
Do you really need to bump every old thread?
Back to top Go down

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:47 pm

This may be some confusion, this is not where you post to get builder.
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 am

Staff , why not just lock the topic so no more can be said , this is obviusly goint to get out of hand.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 am

Whats to get out of hand that requires locking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About facts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About facts.   About facts. Empty

Back to top Go down

About facts.
Page 1 of 1