Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Barbarian Class in arena

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jaytrill88

jaytrill88

Barbarian Class in arena Empty
PostSubject: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 am

I am not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere and I have even asked in game a few times. But what on earth is the purpose of
the barbarian class? leather armor and a diamond sword when the knight is iron armor diamond sword. I think this class should get
something to bring them up to par with the rest of the classes. I hardly ever see anyone play a barb or archer but mainly barb.

Thanks,

Jaytrill88
Yarl of Fort Jaytrill-Snowy Mountains Biome
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:00 pm

agree - however, some suggestion on what the class should have would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
jaytrill88

jaytrill88

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:12 pm

My apologies, for not including suggestions, wasn't sure if the current state of the class was intended or not. My personal suggestion would be iron armor but with an axe, I like using an axe as my primary weapon. If he has to keep leather armor I'd say at least let it have some sort of enchantment. Being a melee oriented class and being killed in wave 3-4ish (exaggeration) is no fun. Thanks for the consideration.

Jaytrill88
Yarl of Fort Jaytrill-Snowy Mountains biome
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:54 pm

ah the enchantment is a good idea, say it was leather armour and an enchanted iron axe - what level enchantments would be considered good but not too OP?
Back to top Go down
jaytrill88

jaytrill88

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm not too familiar with all the weapon enchantments I will have to do some researching when I get home and get back with you.

Ps I still stand by my axe request barbarian and skull splitter ftw lol

Jaytrill88
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 pm

aye the axe works well in that class - its my prefered weapon on our server due to the mcmmo knockback effect
Back to top Go down
jaytrill88

jaytrill88

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Ok so got home from work and after giving it some thought here is a suggestion that can be tweeked however needed.

With the following mind: Tank(tank) Knight(tank/dps) Barbarian (Pure Dps)

The barbarian should theoretically deal higher dps than the other 2 considering hes wearing toilet paper lol. I feel either a Diamond axe with fire II, or iron axe with extra dps II and Knockback II maybe? Would create the option of tanking dpsing or being a hybrid. Now of course this would require testing which i would be more then willing to help with. Just my 2 cents, because i dont like tanking and i dont like swords so some barbarian love would really be awesome.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Sure we can always have a fiddle with the classes, its no trouble to set them back to normal, the config file is a little messy but i'll give a read on it today and change some values later this evening.

The other classes require any changes do you think? And as far as I know, there is no limit to the number of classes we can make either.
Back to top Go down
jaytrill88

jaytrill88

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 pm

thanks for considering. to my knowledge maybe give the archer an extra stack of arrows? by wave 40+ im either out of arrows or only a handful left.

hmm extra classes....maybe:

Paladin: Iron Armor and Sword with a stack of splash health potions

Rogue: leather armor Iron Sword with Extra dps I and poison potions

All i can think of for now... Thanks Peach

jaytrill88
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:56 am

ok updated with sword sharpnes 3 (server wouldn't run MA if items had multiple enchants for some reason) and axes can't have enchants
and extra stack of arrows wouldn't take either! will play more with it later or tmorrow
Back to top Go down
Arronsyaoran

Arronsyaoran

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:02 am

Peeps with leather armour should have enchanted diamond weapons, peeps with diamond armour should have unenchanted iron/stone sword and enchanted armour, and peeps with iron armour should have iron/unenchanted diamond sword.

Basically
Enchanted Diamond Armour = Unenchanted Iron/Stone Sword
Diamond Armour = Unenchanted Iron Sword
Iron Armour = Unenchanted Diamond Sword
Leather Armour = Enchanted Diamond Sword/Axe

Rogue Class with Enchanted Sword and Poison Splash potions would be excellent. I'd play that class every time I do Mob Arena, simply cause I'm the Android Rogue.

Edit: as for non-enchantable axes, give Barbarians Iron Armour, or if they need leather then some extra healing potions and strength potions. Dps classes should have at least 1-2 healing potions(non-splash), but not as much as Knight/Tank/Alchemist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
jaytrill88

jaytrill88

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:18 pm

I strongly agree with arron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian Class in arena   Barbarian Class in arena Empty

Back to top Go down

Barbarian Class in arena
Page 1 of 1