Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card

Go down 
+3
xSheepOwnerx
keepster33
PeachCai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PeachCai

PeachCai

Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:59 am

Its a strange thing really, how you find yourself able to play the latest blockbuster titles, but find your computer incapable of running minecraft at a decent pace. Well fear no more!

Nvidia nor AMD (formerly known as ATI) recognize minecraft as a game, this is because minecraft uses the program known as JAVA. Because of this, your computer by default does not activiate your graphics card as usually Java requires little effort to run. So normally, Java would operate entirely on your integrated graphics card, found on the motherboard.

Nvidia Fix:

Right click on desktop and click "Nvidia control panel"

1) From NVIDIA Control Panel -> 'Manage 3D Settings' -> 'Program Settings', 'Add'
2) Locate your javaw.exe (eg : 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin' (jre7 for Java 7, 'Program Files (x86)' for 32-bit Java on x64 )), select 'open'.
3) Click apply

And you are done!

Now you can crank up your minecraft settings as high as they will go, and your frames per second (fps) will be faster than the eye can see (23 per second). What does this mean. No more stuttering around on the screen of course!
Back to top Go down
keepster33

keepster33

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:42 am

That's awesome, small issue though. AMD doesn't have quite the same set up as Nvidia, I'd really appreciate some help with this bugger, the magic of google isn't turning up anything of worth.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:28 am

Ha i knew the moment i posted this that I should have found a AMD fix, i've not got an AMD card which is why i've not got the information available already - BUT, if its another slow day tomorrow at work i will do my best to find a fix, i'm sure it will be something similar. If not, i'll have a look around tomorrow night for you
Back to top Go down
keepster33

keepster33

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 am

Well, I've been looking myself and coming up empty. So if you're able to figure it out I'd be very happy.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:24 am

Ok this isn't going to be massively helpful without me being able to see the menus in full.

Try:

Open Catalyst Control Center
Navigate to the Gaming tab left hand side
Select the sub menu, titled: 3D Application Settings

Now here is where i can't see, buy i would imagine, similar to the above Nvidia instructions, you add the Java.exe to the list of 3d applications, and click apply.

If not, could you post a screenshot of what you see when you click on 3d application settings? It may be you just have to click the Gaming tab, and you can add the Java.exe there.

Sorry not much help i know, but i'm sure we'll crack it
Back to top Go down
keepster33

keepster33

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 am

I don't even have the option for 3d application settings. :\
Disregard: Changed to advanced options
Hmmm... I don't have anything even resembling options here.
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:08 am

Same problem here, keepster. I have AMD too and can only find a '3D' option, but no 3D application settings.. Google didn't help at all..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:58 pm

in my amd catalyst my 3d application settings is under gaming but there is no option to add java to a list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 pm

there is a spot for presets though would that be where it has to be placed
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:45 pm

I believe there is a way with a AMD (Ati) card that through the catalyst program, you can set programs to High Priority - this will ensure your GPU gets activated rather than just your on board built in gfx.
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 am

I got an Intel, and I'm not sure how to do this. There's nothing under 3d options, but there's something about schemes?
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:19 am

what gfx card is it exactly?
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:45 am

...this is where we see how bad AT is with computers... I don't quite know how to look. ._. This is my mother's laptop and I really don't want to mess with anything bad.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:05 am

Oh an onboard graphics, eh they are a minefield when it comes to gaming. Sadly you'd have to do your own internet searching for that, as the above won't apply
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:33 am

D'arvit. Thanks for the help anyway.
Back to top Go down
rasser02

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:25 am

sorry I know your post about Nvidia graphic card is ancient. I am having trouble with Minecraft, we cannot walk and turn at the same time. I have adedd Java to the Nvidia Control - but nothing has changed. It is a completely new computer and it is driving us crazy. Do you have any idea what is wrong. The computer is a Toshiba P50-A.
Back to top Go down
Flaughternaught (Akikira)

Flaughternaught (Akikira)

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm

maybe you have a program running in the background that is taking up the cpu or memory.
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:22 am

Hi.
Back to top Go down
Lazy_cracken

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:31 am

PeachCai wrote:
Its a strange thing really, how you find yourself able to play the latest blockbuster titles, but find your computer incapable of running minecraft at a decent pace.  Well fear no more!

Nvidia nor AMD (formerly known as ATI) recognize minecraft as a game, this is because minecraft uses the program known as JAVA. Because of this, your computer by default does not activiate your graphics card as usually Java requires little effort to run.  So normally, Java would operate entirely on your integrated graphics card, found on the motherboard.

Nvidia Fix:

Right click on desktop and click "Nvidia control panel"

1) From NVIDIA Control Panel -> 'Manage 3D Settings' -> 'Program Settings', 'Add'
2) Locate your javaw.exe (eg : 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin' (jre7 for Java 7, 'Program Files (x86)' for 32-bit Java on x64 )), select 'open'.
3) Click apply

And you are done!

Now you can crank up your minecraft settings as high as they will go, and your frames per second (fps) will be faster than the eye can see (23 per second).  What does this mean.  No more stuttering around on the screen of course!

My Javaw.exe I found in Program Files (x86), however my windows is 64-bit not 32-bit? Will this be a problem? I haven't noticed any difference in my Fps since I did this so I must have gone wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card   Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Minecraft and your Nvidia Graphics Card
Page 1 of 1