Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cartographers wanted!

Go down 
+4
Flaughternaught (Akikira)
alabasterTempest
Pie55555
PeachCai
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PeachCai

PeachCai

Cartographers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:43 pm

We've got lots of players making some really interesting locations and even people banding together to making full grown villages of their own.

And I thought to myself, what we need, is someone to make a map!

Anyone feeling up to the task?? Probably be easier to do it area by area, rather than tackle the entire thing in one go. Maybe a few of you could band together in this most noble of tasks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:45 pm

but where would these maps be posted so all could see thats the problem
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 pm

why, the forum of course. Give it pride of place via a sticky on the images section?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 pm

ok yeah that would be awesome next time i set a protection and close to a village ill map it and give the map to you
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:29 am

I think it is a good idea but There will be alot of thing because it is a popular server and it has been online for a while now
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 am

Aye but we can just map the points of interest.

The spawn area, old city, new city, the biomes around the stargates, player towns and villages - rather than each and every building out in the wilderness
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:04 am

>:3 I really like this idea. I was planning on manually mapping it, but this works too.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:26 am

manual or digital, the choice is yours
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Here's a map of the area around water biome stargate. sorry the image is so big I'm not very computer savvy.[img]Cartographers wanted! 2012-011[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:23 am

I'm working on mapping out some areas using Journeymap, here's the New City:
Cartographers wanted! Starmine_city__new_city__2.23.2012

And the area just around the desert biome stargate:
Cartographers wanted! Desert.2.23.2012
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Here's quite a bit of land around the forest biome spawn. Even went south to the north side of Forthwind.
Cartographers wanted! Forest.2.24.2012
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:43 pm

mudhairless these maps are a great start awesome thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:26 pm

I've uploaded what I had done earlier to my host and put it in a google maps interface so it's easily browsed and what not:
mud.owlbox.net/starmine/index.html When I figure out the longitude/latitude stuff I'll put markers on the cities and spawn points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 pm

mudhairless thats fantastic i like how you and summeer just jumped right in with the swing of things and are helping out as much as you guys are. your making maps and summer informs me on spots she thinks are greifed and turn out to be greifed. my hat is off to the both of you.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 pm

nice one mud, these are going to be of massive help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:13 am

We just like doing what we can to help!
If I could help with the mapping, I would, but Muddy can only use it on his account, lol.
I could get the same plugin on mine, but it would be really hard to merge the finished images.
And nobody likes griefers, so I always try to keep an eye out.
After all, we're part of a community so we've all got to look out for each other, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 am

Hey mud, something you might be able to make use of, if you have the latest journeymap, v.1.5, you can load more chunks at once with:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\journeyMap

Open journeyMap (properties file)
and the line that says:
chunk_offset=2
You can change that number up to max 10, although set to higher numbers obviously puts a larger load on your CPU, but....it does allow you to map much further around you

Hope this is of some help
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Heres my mapping of the north (spawn bottom right)
>Click images for full versions<

Cartographers wanted! Mpserverday

And the night version, which I think looks particularly fantastic:

Cartographers wanted! Mpservernight

Last edited by PeachCai on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:49 am

Is there any way to enlarge that, Peach? I can't see any details.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 am

sure thing, lemmie link it to the proper full thing

EDIT: there you go, if you click the image now it takes you to a much larger version Smile
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Oh wow! Willowake looks huge in this. o-o
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:38 am

I've updated my north maps so they appear smaller on this site, but you can still click for a full sized version. Also added night time view
Back to top Go down
alabasterTempest

alabasterTempest

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 am

Peach this is amazing. :3 You do amazing work.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 am

all the thanks has to go to mudhairless, without his initial work i would never have got this far
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:11 pm

I've got a different link set up for the Google maps page @ maplib here: maplib.net/map.php?id=13922 This allows annotations so we can know where stuff is (have to register on site)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cartographers wanted!   Cartographers wanted! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cartographers wanted!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next