Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Training for Hacked Clients

Go down 
+2
Nbord
Omnom18
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Omnom18

Training for Hacked Clients Empty
PostSubject: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:34 am

So, I had an idea. What if every so often we try to train the mods and admins to catch people with some form of hacks (X-rays in particular)?

The idea is simple, ask a few trusted people (privately) to download some form of hacked client when Snowy's on and inform the online mods and admins there's a training session. That way, those helping to train them in the ways of detecting hackers don't get permanently banned.

If you're wondering where this idea came from, it's because I realised that some people will have the brains to keep their Nodus clients secret. Not going directly towards diamond, finding long ways to chests etc... So, thoughts on this idea?
Back to top Go down
Nbord

Nbord

PostSubject: Re: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:07 am

Not necessary, in my opinion. Let's face it: doing things like this takes up a lot of time. We already work to ensure that no one is using cheats, and secretly investigate players we are suspicious of.
Back to top Go down
Omnom18

PostSubject: Re: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:39 am

I'm aware of this. I was just putting forth an idea because, let's face it, only 99% of hackers are idiots when it comes to it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.JimBlob

Mr.JimBlob

PostSubject: Re: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:03 am

Like that guy who reported and it clearly showed his Nodus :L
Back to top Go down
Nile

Nile

PostSubject: Re: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:18 pm

I believe this is a good idea if the server were to be new or to train the new mod(s) when they're picked. Just to make them aware of what a situation looks like.
Back to top Go down
KaaaaasKop

PostSubject: Re: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 pm

I guess practical experience wouldn't hurt, but wouldn't it be better if the other mods just show how to do it in another server or something?
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 am

KaaaaasKop I know you Want to be builder and such But plz don't try to Spam This chat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training for Hacked Clients   Training for Hacked Clients Empty

Back to top Go down

Training for Hacked Clients
Page 1 of 1