Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New server idea

Go down 
+12
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire
Fatalpower
MiniMinerMan115
~Beats AKA 5candyz__
~Tylo
Flaughternaught (Akikira)
Pie55555
Nachodude7
xSheepOwnerx
GojoMaximus
Aus
Snowyboy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowyboy

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 am

* Please note that all the opinions in this topic are really one-sided , it's ofcrouse possible that you are feeling different about it *

Hey all!

The survival server currently has been down for quite some time now , sadly.
The main reason it has been down is due the fact that we need to either reset all the plugins and/or the map.

I will be be very honest here, I really don't feel like building a new spawn.
The server has been fun for how long it lasted, and it was amazing to host it.

Ofcourse we had over 13 people already applying to build if we will reset the map, but after looking on other servers I noticed that some servers are really fun to play on , while the spawn is made within 1 week easily.
I think it's easy to understand that if you were in my shoes , after building 3-4 spawns I really don't feel like building anymore, neither on the survival or on the PvP server.
The fun of building for me is gone.

But this doesn't mean that we should entirely shut down the survival server , as I said above I looked into some other servers , which looked fairly good, and fun to play on.

I'm not sure how such an server is called , but I will call it an all-in-server for now.

What is this 'all-in-server'?

An all-in-server provides almost everyone needs, it is easy comparible to our 'game world'.
This server provides mainly games ( from PvM to spleef and way more ) and also provides survival for the player who wants it.
A server like this is mainly known for the games , survival normally is really not well-known on servers like this.

What are the downsides on such servers?

I have been looking on multiple servers of this kind , and what really catched my eye were the following things;
- The economy on these servers is really weird , as you spawn with almost 50 diamond blocks , diamond is not rare anymore.
Same with dungeons, some dungeons provide enchanted armor which makes it almost worthless to sell.
Items like sponges, and the new mob-heads are seen as rare , as they are not getable in game.

- The chat will get spammed, as there are so many games it is almost sure that all these games , all these dead people will spam the chat , I hope I can find a plugin which counters this.

- Like as said above , items are to easy to get, This can be seen as a downside but also as a positive aspect.

What are the postive things about such an server?

- The spawn is incredibly easy to make which means that we can launch the server way faster then if we would make a survival spawn ( Yet we do need to make dungeons , hungergames etc. which might take some time )

- Items are really easy to get ( as mentioned above this can also been seen as a downside )

- It's something for everyone , I feel that a server like this is something for everyone , I think everyone will enjoy it.

Please before commenting below I would really advise looking into such an server first.
There are multiple servers which provide this.

Thanks for reading, I will be updating this later on.
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 am

I will be updating this later on , for now im off to work.
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:51 am

Hmm, well you could always change it to suit your needs. Like instead of spawning with 50 dia blocks, just make it 1 or 0. Also, does this mean my donator rank will go to waste? Because if it does I kindly request a donor rank transfer to PvP--(Only if donor ranks are useless on the new SRV)
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:44 am

I think you should start out from scratch. Starting with diamonds is plain silly
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 am

I agree with Gojo. Starting from scratch would be a good idea, but with the aspects of those famous big servers. Also: I WANT TOWNY BACK >.>
Back to top Go down
Nachodude7

Nachodude7

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:06 am

I say start from scratch. I don't exactly see the need to build a new spawn, why not just MCedit the old one in? If a new spawn is needed however I'm sure that myself and many others would be willing to build. The downsides, for me, of the all-in-server outweigh the upsides. It more or less, makes a game server with a really messed up survival. This is a bad idea and I would rather wait/help build for weeks than get a crappy (No Offense) server in a week .

(Oh and I hope we would keep our donator ranks)
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 am

Yeh ofcourse you keep your donator-ranks.

I agree with the start from scratch aspect, but this is like I said really one-sided.
I think that if people spawn with let's say 10 diamond blocks , people will enjoy it more when they spawn with only a wooden set.

Like I said , I also think servers like this have downsides , and one of them being ofcourse the aspect that survival isn't the main aspect on the server.
This is why I call it an all-in-server and not an survival server.

I made this topic to see where your guys interests are, and this is really important for me to either launch this server or not.
But I am going to be quite honest here, like I said above I am slowly losing my interest for minecraft , Peachcai for example had the same issue, but he is gone for 2 months now.

The thing about me is , is that If I leave the server(s) will both go down , I am seen as the pluginguy but also as a builder for both servers.
I really can't go anywhere, else Starmine as a whole will go down.

This makes it really hard for me to chooce what to do, but because the PvP is so well-wanted I am still going on.

But this does mean , that some of my previous interests might bore me out, like the survival server.
I am bringing up this idea , because I honestly think I can't host another survival server with current interests in minecraft.

I Know that some people totally disagree with starting a server like this, but the upsides as an owner are really simple; It gives me more free time, servers like this guide themself , survival servers need to be guided.

Ofcourse I also though about you guys, with the previous 'gameworld' and the interest there was in it , I came up with this idea.

Back to top Go down
Pie55555

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 am

Maybe Some One Can host the New Starmine Survival. It could be done
Back to top Go down

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 am

We could have a small adventure world where people can buy small plots of land to live on and farm. There could be an NPC city so people can take their farmed goods and trade with the villagers. The adventure would could have quests and dungeons scattered around it. The adventure world could also have occasional wars between factions (opportunity for roleplaying?) of course there would be griefing and impenetrable bases. And you would only be able to build on land owned by you (you could probably buy it in certain areas and think of starting towns and such)

I also have a list of suggestions for games:
spleef
mob arena
hungergames
parkour
paintball
pig races
small pvp arenas
redstone games

Also would I be able to keep what I have of the dungeon I'm working on?

Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 am

yay king moderator tylo will be back soon!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tylogaming

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 am

It would be best for the adventure and game worlds to be separate because the adventure would have better economy due to people needing to buy land which would encourage trading. A shop that buys everything would also be good to make sure all occupations can have some monetary income.
Back to top Go down
~Beats AKA 5candyz__

~Beats AKA 5candyz__

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:06 am

here we go.

i have tried this types of servers before, but i didnt like, for a few main reasons. i like mini games, but it loses its feeling of the game. i am going to say this upfront and not try and say it any other way.

I like Starmine for its SURVIVAL, not the minigames.

i understand why you would want to do this, but honestly, i probably will not go on as much if you do make a server like that. and anyway, with people with sucky computers like mine will lag and have to leave within 20 minutes. i want the survival and only that back, spleef and survival games and mob arenas are fun and stuff, but i dont want to have to go on with all those other games, i just want to go on without 20 people asking others to play a game with them.

on another note, snowy, am i a mod or not? it has for sure been more than a week.
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Hey Snowy, since you and Peach are loosing interest in Minecraft, perha[s you should both take a few months off, but stay active on the forums. Maybe it's time for a refreash, like new mods, new admin and possibly some co-owners to help out.

Also Beats, I noticed on your signature, you have writen "THAT I FUCKING DIE" In caps at the bottom, please remove it.
Back to top Go down
~Beats AKA 5candyz__

~Beats AKA 5candyz__

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:42 pm

AUSxHIDDENBLADE wrote:
Hey Snowy, since you and Peach are loosing interest in Minecraft, perha[s you should both take a few months off, but stay active on the forums. Maybe it's time for a refreash, like new mods, new admin and possibly some co-owners to help out.

Also Beats, I noticed on your signature, you have writen "THAT I FUCKING DIE" In caps at the bottom, please remove it.
sorry bout dat. it gone now
Back to top Go down
MiniMinerMan115

MiniMinerMan115

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 am

Sorry if I mis-read this post in anyway, {Didn't read le comments}
If everything dies, I'll be here to help, Always.
{Pm me if you need any help at all}

~Mini.
Back to top Go down
http://Churrocraft.niceboard.net
Aus

Aus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 am

MiniMinerMan115 wrote:
Sorry if I mis-read this post in anyway, {Didn't read le comments}
If everything dies, I'll be here to help, Always.
{Pm me if you need any help at all}

~Mini.

You looking all fancy with your colourd text Razz
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 am

Aw, type dat smiley face, gurl
Back to top Go down
Fatalpower

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 am

Starting from scratch would be great, if xrayers are banned you can have a really balanced economy, trade land etc, build civilizations.
Back to top Go down
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 am

why is your post orange minipoo XD
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:25 am

You can change the color of the text
Back to top Go down
Xuluf

Xuluf

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 am

RPG world + Gaming world = profit? About them diamond blocks.. What were they used for in the server?
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah, start from scratch would be the best, I just want the server exactly how it was.--No changes.
Back to top Go down
Nachodude7

Nachodude7

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:11 pm

AUSxHIDDENBLADE wrote:
Yeah, start from scratch would be the best, I just want the server exactly how it was.--No changes.
Same
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Nachodude7 wrote:
AUSxHIDDENBLADE wrote:
Same
Back to top Go down
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:04 am

GojoMaximus wrote:
Nachodude7 wrote:
AUSxHIDDENBLADE wrote:
Same

Same here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New server idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server idea   New server idea Empty

Back to top Go down

New server idea
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next