Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We need to stop

Go down 
+8
KAoTiCxExile
xSheepOwnerx
Mr Hobnob
bk201soren
zZzSleepinGrunt
OblivionKyuubi
Aus
~Tylo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
~Tylo

~Tylo

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Ive played on ALOT of pvp servers and (i know i was doing this too) but the drama and arguing is terrible ive never seen it so bad before.. I think some of these "hacks" we are seeing is also lag do to us members connecting to european connection as well. I mean everyone thinks its funny to call tek cunts or dicks or pussies but.. Really? Really? Ive thought about it for a while and we need to freaking fix the community on this server, everyone argues over hackers or who sucks and who doesnt. Ive never seen such a bond of hatred grow between so many people... Its honestly terrible, ive seen much nicer people on pvp serera it isnt illegal to swear at each other... I mean really... Cmon people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
Aus

Aus

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:27 pm

You just can't stop this from happening, it's what closed the old PvP server and I fear history will repeat.

Also %70 of ALL Minecraft players use hacked clients, half the people who were accused of having them probably did. It's just they deny it.

The PvP server turns friends from each other, I mean look at us now. We were all great friends on the SRV server now it's just gotten too far from repair.

If this behaviour continues for another month or two, I think it would be best for the server to close for like a month.

Also Tylo, can you please remove the "C-word" and "D-Word" And just block them with an astrix like so "C**ts" "D**ks" Because there are kids on the forums.

Back to top Go down
OblivionKyuubi

OblivionKyuubi

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Please allow me to speak just a bit.
I can see the issue for what it is, people are fighting on the pvp server, that is to be expected considering it is a player vs player environment. I believe that the community needs a bit of fixing but like Aus had said its not an easy fix. Not his exact words but you get the idea.
Now for that percentage I think 70% is a bit high for those who have an actual account, but for those who are torrenting it, that would be understandable. What closed the old server is still a touchy subject and not everyone knows every side to that story so please lets leave those kinds of things in the past as to avoid arguments.
As for the Survival vs PvP environment schemes, the reasoning behind the hostility on the PvP server is just that. A new way of looking at things and its different from that of the survival. With the rules being slightly different such comes with different views of how or what things should be considered alright and not alright. You all are still good friends just so happen to be put into a situation where you would go up against each other.
Not all friends turn on each other, every faction and friendships have their own problems. Its all a new learning experience. As for the behavior it is pvp, this is mild compare to other pvp servers, which is good.

I hope I made sense considering I am running on no sleep and I'm like a zombie right now. If I contradicted myself or didn't explain something enough please let me know because I kinda feel like I jumbled everything together.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 am

Tylo, it's not like we can just let them keep breaking the rules...I don't understand why people have to swear on the server? It doesn't make you look cool and you certainly don't have to say them. Big factions are going to get hate NO MATTER WHAT. Because they are powerful and small factions will band together eventually and history will repeat itself.
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 am

Indeed Kyuubi, but the PvP server has lead to Zauis's leave. He's not coming back to Starmine now.
Back to top Go down
OblivionKyuubi

OblivionKyuubi

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 am

Just because someone leaves doesn't make it right to punish everyone else who has done nothing to break the rules. This isn't just about the one person leaving or a few being banned its about the community that still exists on the server and in the forums.
Zauis has made his decision to leave, the pvp server did not tell him to leave starmine as a whole.
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:05 am

OblivionKyuubi wrote:

Now for that percentage I think 70% is a bit high for those who have an actual account, but for those who are torrenting it, that would be understandable.

I think this depends on what we count cheating. Normally I would say 70% is high too, but if you are counting everything including even just x-ray texture packs then I would say the majority of people who play do cheat in some way or form. The problem is even the official minecraft forums endorse cheating. You don't have to risk some fishy download to install on a mod to start flying around. And it always seems to surprise me who uses a forcefield.

Sometimes there are just golden moments though when you know a person is cheating, even if you thought you knew them for a long time. Moments like them chasing after you with a wooden sword in pvp, beating you back. Suddenly a sheep coming in between the two of you and that person locking on to that sheep and beating/chasing after it instead (by accident). Or they will dig will straight down to a dungeon spawner. Or suddenly someone going berserk attacking an invisible admin who has god mod on.

And we are only talking about the people who get caught cheating. A lot of cheaters go into spy mode and might never get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Of course we wouldn't know their numbers since they wouldn't be caught. The Minecraft forums of all places provide easy to use, well known cheats/mods, so we do see cheating in minecraft way more often than in just about any PC game. Except maybe Dungeon Defenders... I see more people have non-legit characters than legit ones in that game.
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 am

Thinking about it , the arguing just makes sence , its pvp , there bound to be arguments and hacking involved , if you ask me , the arguing is part of the reason why i log onto the server , to slaughter , argue , and have fun..

arguing on pvp servers makes the experiance a whole lot more fun for the people involved , it makes the players connect and become freinds and if you think about it , brings the server together.

-Hob - my thoughts
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 am

Arguing is fun to some people. To some it isn't. I know it's just your opinion, but alot of people will disagree, and that's just because they don't like fights. But you do have a point. People who don't like things like arguments, fighting etc, don't really belong on a PvP server, imo. I kinda like it too tbh, but I don't always push it too far, but alot of people do. That's the biggest problem on PvP, people push things out of proportion, and there isn't really anything to do about it, it's mostly their personality. We can ban, we can mute etc, but it will happen again.
Back to top Go down
KAoTiCxExile

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 am

Look at it this way, right?

Xbox/Playstation/ANY COMPETITIVE GAMING COMMUNITY has ragers, complainers, whiners, "badasses" (In quotations because they're not usually badass), people like ME who are arrogant as HELL, and so on.

There's really not much you can do about the rage but try to contain it. You should have some self-control when you get mad. It's a game, and if you're getting mad, then ragequit. If people do stuff that pisses you off, or say things that piss you off, TRY to ignore them. When all else fails, ragequit, or "be a tattle tail". Nothing good comes from letting rule-breakers stay, whether they're your friends or not.

Kyuubi is right. While the server was still down, most of us in Naga went to try out other servers together. Though our times on other servers, we raged a LOT. This server, Starmine PVP, is NOTHING in regards to those servers when it comes to spam, swearing, vulgarity, and hackers. I would like to point out that this is because on those other servers, the mods don't do much. I think the mods/admins who have their staff positions are doing wonderful jobs of maintaining this server from becoming like those few.

That is the reason behind having a LARGE staff. On the last server we played on before Starmine came back up, there was little to no staff, and what there WAS of staff was never online. On Starmine, there's at least ONE mod on at MOST times. So think about this, you think this drama is bad, but it's not nearly as bad as other servers. Nor is it close to how it used to be on the old server. I REFUSE to go into detail, because as Kyuubi said, it is still a touchy subject. But back then, the drama that ended up closing the server was FAR worse than it is now.

Sorry to have to say this, but if you don't like the arguments and competition, then maybe you should return to the Survival server, because this is only a SMALL view of what PVP servers are like.
Back to top Go down
Fatalpower

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 am

"Sorry to have to say this, but if you don't like the arguments and competition, then maybe you should return to the Survival server, because this is only a SMALL view of what PVP servers are like."

My thoughts too
Back to top Go down
OblivionKyuubi

OblivionKyuubi

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:22 am

Fatal I love you right now XD
Back to top Go down
ponylover386

ponylover386

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 am

Can't the owners just get a thing where if people spam or swear they get kicked by the server then if they do it again they get banned.
A server I used to go on had this, it's some thing called the spam banner, that way the people who get banned, kicked or what ever can blame the server and not hate the people who are actually banning that way it's fair Very Happy but obviously you still need to keep watch for hackerz wich I guess is the biggest problem.

and the only reason I know the server had it. was because I got caught up in a spamming situation and got kicked then banned...
But I complained to the owner and he unbanned me realising I had nothing to do with the spamming situation, I suppose thats one problem wrong with the spam banner, but it's a pretty good idea for a server Very Happy
Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 am

I know ou are supposed to argue.. Im not retarded, i like a little argument but again ive never seen so much arguing in one place.. Just me ive been on plently of pvp servers and this is worse. I dont mind it really, the arguing but its what shut down the old server.. And i dont want that to hapen no one does..
Back to top Go down
KAoTiCxExile

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:46 am

Actually, there was a LOT more to the old server's shutdown than you believe. I guess you weren't in the middle of it, but don't bring it up. As we said, it's a touchy subject.
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 am

Made somehting in the Mods Section <3
Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am

i understand im just being cautious because i love this server Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 am

There are two types of talking when it comes to pvp, Competitive talk and trash talk.

Competitive talk is where you are having a discussion where some of the things you say might sound mean, but are basically for not meaning any harm. In other words joking around.

Then there is trash talk, also categorized as "cyber bullying". Cyber bullying is known to everyone, and if you don't know what it is, you are living under a rock.

Anyone can see that there is far more trash talk than competitive talk. There have been people who have been bullied (not saying any names), or just give up and leave. There is so much hatred that some people aren't even noticed for this. The mods and admins are great on the server, they keep up with what's happening. But there is still too much for them to handle. Not to mention all of the hackers/hacked accounts. It's too much for them to handle, even if they think they can.

I hate to say this, but I think there should be some more mods. There are really only 2 mods on nowadays. Sheep is the only admin that comes on a lot as well. The server could handle itself much better if we were to do this
Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 am

the trash talk is unbelieveable
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:47 am

It's pretty obvious that it is Razz
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:35 am

Sorry for the days that i'm not on. I have homework chores and plus all the drama that comes along with my personal life. I do come on alot during the weekends and at least 1-2 hours after school. And im on during school days on the forum. I do believe we need more moderators though. Once I get on track with homework I will be on more so dont worry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We need to stop Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to stop   We need to stop Empty

Back to top Go down

We need to stop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594 :: General Stuff :: PVP Chat-
Jump to: