Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Firstly, last nights events got very out of hand and I believe ALL parties involved made mistakes, I will try my best to outline them here and propose a solution.

If you wish to comment on any of the text I'm about to post, please use the number of the section involved so I can answer you to the best of my ability. Eg. [1] Show it to Snow

As most of you people reading this already know TeK and my faction Martyrdom had already been fighting for a good couple of hours, after tensions died down at the ender base we regrouped nearby TeK's main base.

[1] Gwee called us out on how we got in, and I'm more than willing to show our methods to a credible administrator, as I did before at the ender base.

[2] Meggot, The_Crowe and I(Fatalpower) then stormed the base initially killing the only person inside which was dimkk. At this point we knew the spawncamping rule existed but importantly The rule when involving raids is very unclear so we took this rule as unnecessary killing to spam chat during a pvp situation and decided to avoid that as much as possible. Power is a key part of raiding due to the factions plugin requiring you to kill enemies roughly 5 times to lower their power to -10. This is a key part the rule of spawncamping doesn't help much with.

[3] Due to this rule, we settled upon the idea that we would kill everybody who we see within the base, everybody who spawns and attacks us, everyone who tries to escape and any individual who is not on -10 power to enable us to raid TeK. Everyone in chat can back me up in the fact that we tried to enforce these objectives and place members on -10 power in the enchanting room placed right next to the /f home of TeK's faction base.

[4] Snow logged in during the raid and saw this in progress and allowed it to continue, though he was very time restricted at this time and I understand that he couldn't survey it entirely, this left us under the impression that our current objectives in section 3 seemed fair and respectful to everyone in chat.

[5] Shortly after killing Grunt we were all banned.

[6] Our friends/alts logged in to see why we were banned and chat got very out of hand. This is where things got truely hectic. TeK faction temporarily disbanded for reasons I dont know. Martyrdom claimed all of TeK's base and then Sheep spawned camped one of our players and used /f bypass to join our faction and disband it to get their land back.

After speaking to one of the moderators on skype I decided to compile this, thanks for reading and I hope this issue can be resolved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Tylo

avatar

Posts : 577
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 19
Location : FL.

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:52 pm

well, u were banned because one EVERYONE complained about you guys, u spammed u swore, EVERYTIME you are on the chat was terrible u ruined it for every1, it wasnt u killing grunt it was all the other crap, you were EXTREMELY rude to alot of players, and often u failed to follow simple chat rules.

_________________
~TyLo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 pm

~Tylo wrote:
well, u were banned because one EVERYONE complained about you guys, u spammed u swore, EVERYTIME you are on the chat was terrible u ruined it for every1, it wasnt u killing grunt it was all the other crap, you were EXTREMELY rude to alot of players, and often u failed to follow simple chat rules.

I can only speak for myself here, after initially breaking the language rule a few times during my beginnings on this server I stopped with bad language. I believe shortly after our bannings chat was very out of hand by all parties involved and I apologise on Martyrdoms behalf for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Tylo

avatar

Posts : 577
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 19
Location : FL.

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

a few! pfft. actually after u were banned it was VERY peaceful for that fact.

_________________
~TyLo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 pm

~Tylo wrote:
a few! pfft. actually after u were banned it was VERY peaceful for that fact.

The majority of people complaining were TeK and that's because you were being raided, our credibility is constantly challenged by you guys claiming hacks and glitches. You can't expect us to be "peaceful" in chat with our enemies. Like I said; I apologise for my personal language and it has calmed down since joining the server again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Tylo

avatar

Posts : 577
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 19
Location : FL.

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 am

haha everytime we went for u you ran, u were scared of us, but this is not the topic, considering all the evidence i and teh staff saw is too much to unban you. idk though ill have to ask them


_________________
~TyLo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 am

Any admin/mod able to comment?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bk201soren

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 am

Spawn killing is still spawn killing. And if it can not apply to a faction home that is set what can it apply too? It's basically the only place you can pretty much repetitively kill someone at. Now some people may say spawn killing is a fundamental part of the factions mod, but so is betraying. As who to trust and who to not is a normal part of the plugin as well. But you may note that faction betraying merits a ban. There is no sugar coating it.

And if you had a problem interpreting the rules you should have asked, because everyone would have told you already that doing what you did was spawn killing. I made a point to understand the rules. Just as faction betrays. Make sure you know what betraying a faction is. Not just leaving your own faction is covered under the betray rule.

PS: using alternate accounts to get around your main one being banned is ban evading. Which I am pretty sure is against the rules. If your guys had a problem with a ban in the first place they should have made a ban request from the start, not ban evade. It is also against the design of the factions plugin, where one person only gets 10 power. That is how it's normally supposed to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am

bk201soren wrote:
Spawn killing is still spawn killing. And if it can not apply to a faction home that is set what can it apply too? It's basically the only place you can pretty much repetitively kill someone at. Now some people may say spawn killing is a fundamental part of the factions mod, but so is betraying. As who to trust and who to not is a normal part of the plugin as well. But you may note that faction betraying merits a ban. There is no sugar coating it.

And if you had a problem interpreting the rules you should have asked, because everyone would have told you already that doing what you did was spawn killing. I made a point to understand the rules. Just as faction betrays. Make sure you know what betraying a faction is. Not just leaving your own faction is covered under the betray rule.

PS: using alternate accounts to get around your main one being banned is ban evading. Which I am pretty sure is against the rules. If your guys had a problem with a ban in the first place they should have made a ban request from the start, not ban evade. It is also against the design of the factions plugin, where one person only gets 10 power. That is how it's normally supposed to go.

The spawnkilling rule is very cloudy, the mods and admins I've spoke to also agree. We did ask and grunt told us they'd discuss it. There's also no current role on using alt accounts and this was only done as a last resort to speak to the mod team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xSheepOwnerx

avatar

Posts : 918
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 18
Location : The Nether(lands)

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 am

[5] Shortly after killing Grunt we were all banned.
That's not the reason you were banned. You disrespected me and Grunt, you were warned alot of times for vulgar language and caps or spam. You also spawnkilled a few TeK members, so it's not because you killed grunt, but because of all the rules you disobeyed.

_________________
I am a sheep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xSheepOwnerx

avatar

Posts : 918
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 18
Location : The Nether(lands)

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 am

I'll make a poll for your unban. You'll hear the results in 7 days.

Also, using another account when you're banned is against the rules. If I ever notice it I'll ban that account too.

_________________
I am a sheep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bk201soren

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am

I'm not talking about using alternate accounts in general. Alternates are different than ban evading. I'm talking about ban evading. Your tool too ban evade was an alternate account. This is no different than changing your IP address to ban evading on the forums. It should be common sense that ban evading isn't allowed.

You could betray a faction with an alternate account for one, then just play with your main and your enemy was destroyed, your alt was banned, and you won and got all their swag because of it. Ban evading undermines every single rule. It is hard to uphold any rule unless they apply to the individual and not just the account. Why, because punishment would then be avoidable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 am

xSheepOwnerx wrote:
[5] Shortly after killing Grunt we were all banned.
That's not the reason you were banned. You disrespected me and Grunt, you were warned alot of times for vulgar language and caps or spam. You also spawnkilled a few TeK members, so it's not because you killed grunt, but because of all the rules you disobeyed.

Speaking of disrespecting, you abused your powers and disbanded our faction, care to comment on that?
I also mentioned the "spawnkilling" you claim.
Grunt fully agreed with me that the ban was hasty as things were getting out of hand.
I never claimed we got banned for killing Grunt, that was just when we were banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:07 am

bk201soren wrote:
I'm not talking about using alternate accounts in general. Alternates are different than ban evading. I'm talking about ban evading. Your tool too ban evade was an alternate account. This is no different than changing your IP address to ban evading on the forums. It should be common sense that ban evading isn't allowed.

You could betray a faction with an alternate account for one, then just play with your main and your enemy was destroyed, your alt was banned, and you won and got all their swag because of it. Ban evading undermines every single rule. It is hard to uphold any rule unless they apply to the individual and not just the account. Why, because punishment would then be avoidable.

We didn't ban evade or betray any faction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 am

xSheepOwnerx wrote:
I'll make a poll for your unban. You'll hear the results in 7 days.

Also, using another account when you're banned is against the rules. If I ever notice it I'll ban that account too.

The poll will obviously come back with us being banned as we're your enemies and we don't play to be liked. Of course you'll ban your enemies. This is evidently unfair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xSheepOwnerx

avatar

Posts : 918
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 18
Location : The Nether(lands)

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:12 am

I made the poll not just for TeK. It's for all of the staff. If they believe you should be unbanned, they'll vote unban. I vote ban since you've broken alot of rules. And idc what you think is fair or not, you'll just have to accept the concequences for what you did. Point.

_________________
I am a sheep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 am

xSheepOwnerx wrote:
I made the poll not just for TeK. It's for all of the staff. If they believe you should be unbanned, they'll vote unban. I vote ban since you've broken alot of rules. And idc what you think is fair or not, you'll just have to accept the concequences for what you did. Point.

The people who answer the poll are the people who it effect the most, if we have no right to vote, the majority will be TeK members and we'll be banned. Surely we deserve a fair trial.
Speaking of "fair" care to comment on your abusing /f bypass?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bk201soren

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 am

Fatalpower wrote:
bk201soren wrote:
I'm not talking about using alternate accounts in general. Alternates are different than ban evading. I'm talking about ban evading. Your tool too ban evade was an alternate account. This is no different than changing your IP address to ban evading on the forums. It should be common sense that ban evading isn't allowed.

You could betray a faction with an alternate account for one, then just play with your main and your enemy was destroyed, your alt was banned, and you won and got all their swag because of it. Ban evading undermines every single rule. It is hard to uphold any rule unless they apply to the individual and not just the account. Why, because punishment would then be avoidable.

We didn't ban evade or betray any faction.

I'm not saying you betrayed anyone. You openly admitted ban evading with your first post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aus

avatar

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2012-06-25
Age : 18
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am

Fatalpower wrote:
xSheepOwnerx wrote:
I made the poll not just for TeK. It's for all of the staff. If they believe you should be unbanned, they'll vote unban. I vote ban since you've broken alot of rules. And idc what you think is fair or not, you'll just have to accept the concequences for what you did. Point.

The people who answer the poll are the people who it effect the most, if we have no right to vote, the majority will be TeK members and we'll be banned. Surely we deserve a fair trial.
Speaking of "fair" care to comment on your abusing /f bypass?

hey mate, right now you're disrespecting moderators/staff. Not just members from TeK can vote, I can too. Aswell as many other moderators. So I suggest you stop complaining about how "Only tek is gonna vote, and their majority is gonna say ban" Because thats not true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GojoMaximus

avatar

Posts : 935
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 17
Location : Trapped in my own little imagination

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 am

Fatal, if you keep up this attitude your good as gone >.<

If you and your buddies want to come back, don't get on the nerves of the mods and admins. At least not as much as you have already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 am

bk201soren wrote:
Fatalpower wrote:
bk201soren wrote:
I'm not talking about using alternate accounts in general. Alternates are different than ban evading. I'm talking about ban evading. Your tool too ban evade was an alternate account. This is no different than changing your IP address to ban evading on the forums. It should be common sense that ban evading isn't allowed.

You could betray a faction with an alternate account for one, then just play with your main and your enemy was destroyed, your alt was banned, and you won and got all their swag because of it. Ban evading undermines every single rule. It is hard to uphold any rule unless they apply to the individual and not just the account. Why, because punishment would then be avoidable.

We didn't ban evade or betray any faction.

I'm not saying you betrayed anyone. You openly admitted ban evading with your first post.

I logged on a friends acc once to ask how to speak to a mod/admin to appeal the ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 am

GojoMaximus wrote:
Fatal, if you keep up this attitude your good as gone >.<

If you and your buddies want to come back, don't get on the nerves of the mods and admins. At least not as much as you have already.

The way I see it, sheep openely abused his powers, I've spoken to mods/admins and I'm waiting to speak to snow as he's had this problem before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 am

Those who claim I "disrespect" Sheep I quote: "And idc what you think is fair or not"

Respect is earnt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aus

avatar

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2012-06-25
Age : 18
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:26 am

We really need the owners opinion on this stuff. They haven't posted on the forums for weeks now.

_________________

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalpower



Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 am

If anyone wishes to speak to me personally; hit me up on skype.
"mattthepro" is my username, I'd like the owner to speak to me please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom   

Back to top Go down
 
[Request] Unbanning of Martyrdom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Skin request
» request to join hellbound (Gabrielzaza)
» Custom Logo Work Request
» To Request a Gift on your Friend's Wall: 
» 10101010 - Ban Request

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594 :: !!REPORT!! :: Un-Ban Requests-
Jump to: