Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[Mod abuse]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Speedcow

PostSubject: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:50 am

Hello folks

Recently i have been a victim of mod abuse, by the mod Zauis. This happended at 25-10-2012, roughly around 7 pm.
But here's the story.

I've logged on somewhere between 5 and 6 on starmine and continued to build my floating continent with my friends Blaze_burn and Razac1997, near 7 PM Zauis came online. He may have come online earlier, but he didn't say anything in chat then. It started with the usual, greetings from the him and the players.

He then told if we needed any mod help, Blaze responded with something i cannot remember and i responded with "Whoa" followed shortly by "Mods can only ban/jail and report things to admin."

At that point i believe Zauis seems to have gotten offended, and jailed me. I no way, was that comment made to offend him. I've been playing on this server since before the first giant map wipe, and i told what i saw from my observations.
But to continue.

So i got jailed and a discussion started, Blaze joined but i was in skype with him and told him to stop cause i could handle it myself. So i continued to explain how that statement was biased from observations, but he apparantly took it very personally and jailed me for that. While i was making solid statement ( Literal quote from the chat)

"Listen buddy. That you feel offended is not entirely my fault, some people can get offended faster than others and my comment was in no way meant to offend you. I just said that what i've noticed. Now you're jailing me out of personal anger, not for breaking the rules"

His lines were mostly directed at the no offending of mods and admins and not reading my responses. But here's are some of his quotes

(blaze was discussing here) " Since when can mods help with anything except report it to an admin, wAS YOUR EXACT STATEMENT.

Sorry caps

That's not for you to decide Blaze

You don't get it do you? There's is a rule that dictates disrespecting mods is not allowed"

Here, he bended the truth slightly by not adding that mods could ban. Later on i added jail, because i forgot that part. So i've continued discussing with him until he suddenly muted me..... At that point it was really obvious that he was angered and acted out of that emotion. Not for breaking the rules like Spamming the chat.

In the end, he did apologize. But i don't feel that it makes up for his outburst.

So here i am, pleading to you owners/other mods/admins. To punish this mod, by falsely abusing his position as mod while under the influence of a misunderstanding which made him angry.

I want to believe that he, may be a good mod. But if he feels offended THIS quickly, and gets affected by his own emotions... then i don't think that he should be a mod. Cause mods acting on emotions are a bad thing, and generally lead to unjustful jailing/muting and banning. Just like a judge he has to keep himself neutral and punish the lawbreakers not the ones he dislikes, but from what i've witnessed he is unable to do that.

But again, my purpose (At that time) was not to offend him, cause i don't have any reasons to do so. If i wanted to do that i've would done it a long time ago, but i don't since i really like this server and the community and don't wish to be banned from this server.

Thank you.

Edited with slightly more information to make the review of the case easier and more complete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:00 am

Seems like we will need Zauis's story of what happened as well. To me, this seems rather one-sided at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zauis

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 am

You've avoided including your exact initial statement. Here it is is:

-Whoa
-Since when mods can do anything else but tell an admin?

Your intention was clearly to provoke. And somehow the beginning of this whole discussion is told rather fuzzy in this topic, missing some of the important points, possibly to justify your acts.
Your statement never mentioned anything about banning. If it did why would you avoid quoting your own sentence? This isn't the first time SpeedCow has bashed moderators. At that time I agreed that the punishment did not fit the deed and apologized. But I do not agree with this preposterous statement. Is it justified to antagonize moderators? All I did was ask if any of the players online at that time required any help. SpeedCow's attitude was inappropriate, rude not just towards moderators and admins but would have been regarded as such towards anyone.

I believe the rules given below provide the reasons for my actions during this incident.

-Respect all members.
-Listen and obey mods+admins at all times.

Thank You.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 am

I will have to go with Zauis on this one. If anyone else wishes to make a statement, perhaps someone who was on at the time of this incident, please do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xuluf

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:07 am

Well, I believe that Zauis made a mistake. Mods MUST report any jail, and I can't see a jail report. So if he jailed you he made a mistake and you should be unjailed if you aren't already... Else well not much to say

Admins and Owners must report too

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:19 am

Well Asacole, Speedcow was unjailed after a short time. Not long enough for his sentence to be carried out so a report filed at that point wouldn't have been valid or accurate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 am

I'm just going to say that Speedcow, you should provide proof (a screenie/video) if any wrong doings were made by Zauis. But yes it does seem that you were pretty fuzzy in the beginning of the discussion. But for the most part it looks like Zauis never did anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speedcow

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:01 am

Zauis wrote:
You've avoided including your exact initial statement. Here it is is:

-Whoa
-Since when mods can do anything else but tell an admin?

Your intention was clearly to provoke. And somehow the beginning of this whole discussion is told rather fuzzy in this topic, missing some of the important points, possibly to justify your acts.
Your statement never mentioned anything about banning. If it did why would you avoid quoting your own sentence? This isn't the first time SpeedCow has bashed moderators. At that time I agreed that the punishment did not fit the deed and apologized. But I do not agree with this preposterous statement. Is it justified to antagonize moderators? All I did was ask if any of the players online at that time required any help. SpeedCow's attitude was inappropriate, rude not just towards moderators and admins but would have been regarded as such towards anyone.

I believe the rules given below provide the reasons for my actions during this incident.

-Respect all members.
-Listen and obey mods+admins at all times.

Thank You.

Seriously?Again? please read slighty closer at the 4rth paragraph/block of text. ( dunno if this is how it's called).
First off...
To answer the lack of my quotations that is because the chat unfortunately moves on, and i went to eat dinner. So i didn't have the time to quote everything. Since i also have no possible access to the chat logs, it would be impossible for me to quote everything. If i could, i most certainly would. Because i have nothing to hide and little to fear.

Second...
Post the chatlogs, you should have acces to them, if not then ask the admin, if not then the owner snowy. This should provide the solid proof.

third.....
You've made the golden example of an strawman fallacy argument, be proud.

fourth......
I'm not bashing all mods, hell. I haven't truly bashed any mod, not even you. see 3rd reason why. Especially an admin, since the only one i've seen so far is Asacole and i like him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speedcow

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 am

GojoMaximus wrote:
I will have to go with Zauis on this one. If anyone else wishes to make a statement, perhaps someone who was on at the time of this incident, please do.

Alright, i will get Blaze_burn, Razac1997 and some random dude which i can't remember his name. I will edit it once i see him in-game, cause i will remember him then

zZzSleepinGrunt wrote:
I'm just going to say that Speedcow, you should provide proof (a screenie/video) if any wrong doings were made by Zauis. But yes it does seem that you were pretty fuzzy in the beginning of the discussion. But for the most part it looks like Zauis never did anything wrong.

Fifth....
Pictures/video, this is the first solid argument i've seen here. yes, i could've taken pictures, not a video though since at that time dinner was very close and i don't have any recording software on my laptop.

Whoops, double quoted same guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Tylo

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 am

you shouldnt make such rash comments speed, i can see why he got mad, and im taking Zauis's side here. if u didnt mean for it to be offensive, than fine, but he took offense to it, and i dont see an apology for your comments, and also, what gives you any right to claim he's not worthy of being a mod just saying. because you said "But if he feels offended THIS quickly, and gets affected by his own emotions... then i don't think that he should be a mod. Cause mods acting on emotions are a bad thing, and generally lead to unjustful jailing/muting and banning. Just like a judge he has to keep himself neutral and punish the lawbreakers not the ones he dislikes, but from what i've witnessed he is unable to do that." so.. yeah.

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:19 am

I will say that the attitude that I have seen from you online has been pretty bad, this is a pretty hypercritical community. You have taken a pretty open stance here and suggest that you tone it down a little before something bad happens

Don't take this as a threat, I am just looking out for you. I am sorry if it seems like a threat in any manner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speedcow

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:30 am

~Tylo wrote:
you shouldnt make such rash comments speed, i can see why he got mad, and im taking Zauis's side here. if u didnt mean for it to be offensive, than fine, but he took offense to it, and i dont see an apology for your comments, and also, what gives you any right to claim he's not worthy of being a mod just saying. because you said "But if he feels offended THIS quickly, and gets affected by his own emotions... then i don't think that he should be a mod. Cause mods acting on emotions are a bad thing, and generally lead to unjustful jailing/muting and banning. Just like a judge he has to keep himself neutral and punish the lawbreakers not the ones he dislikes, but from what i've witnessed he is unable to do that." so.. yeah.

Don't you consider that people who got elected as the peacekeepers of the server shouldn't act from emotions but from pure neutral sided judgement? ( Aside from regularly playing around the server). Frankly i'm slightly afraid of him, because he might a grudge against me. While i cannot possibly know this ( It's quite hard to read of emotions of people biased from forum posts, so you have to deduct with logic), though it's just a hunch. Considering the recent events, i wouldn't be surprised that he'd be more strict and monitor me harder. While in fact i did not do anything wrong.

GojoMaximus wrote:
I will say that the attitude that I have seen from you online has been pretty bad, this is a pretty hypercritical community. You have taken a pretty open stance here and suggest that you tone it down a little before something bad happens

Don't take this as a threat, I am just looking out for you. I am sorry if it seems like a threat in any manner

Okay, i have to agree with your first sentence. I have been a bit rude and i will try to be less rude, HOWEVER being slightly rude compared to being an complete asshole is miles away. I've mentioned earlier, if i didn't want to stay on this server, and i really wanted to offend zaius i would've done so. But like i said i did not cause i have no reasons to do so, even more so that i'm contributing with the small flying continent. I see this apart from my clan base, as a momunent that shows that people like this server so much that they make stuff like this. This is entirely true from my parts and my friends which play here.

I am taking an open stance, i'm just pointing out that he acted on his emotions. What prevents from this happening again?
Also your comment is by no way and threat, i find it even hard to imagine how someone can see this as an threat. You're just simply saying i should be carefull with what i'm saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Tylo

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 am

im going to lock this so it will come to a close. no harm done?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Mod abuse]   

Back to top Go down

[Mod abuse]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1