Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Peaceful Exploits [PVP]

Go down 
+6
GojoMaximus
zZzSleepinGrunt
OblivionKyuubi
Aus
Snowyboy
SlitheringSilhouette
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SlitheringSilhouette

Peaceful Exploits [PVP] Empty
PostSubject: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Limitless Claims Exploit

An interesting tidbit of information was brought my attention today. I was informed of a possible exploit of the factions plugin installed on this server. Now the source of information shall remain anonymous and I admit I was a skeptic when I first received this "tip". I indulged my curiosity and commenced with an investigation on the validity of the "tip". Now I am by no means well versed with the commands of the factions plugin, however with the commands I did have at my disposal an egregious misuse of the powers bestowed upon the faction of Eden was discovered. Now the article of evidence which I will present should validate my concerns as well as expose said exploit as the danger it really is.
If peaceful factions are given the ability to claim so much land and are immune to having their territory claimed this could lead to further exploitation. The following is the results of the investigation performed.

Peaceful Exploits [PVP] 2h5k9yb

This image has made a form of exploitation which was unbeknownst to us now quite evident. This faction only possesses twenty power, they only have to capacity to claim twenty chunks, yet this faction has over eighty chunks credited to their domain. Now I am sure this infraction may not seem very serious, however this faction as I have demonstrated is immune to having the territory which they have claimed repossessed by other factions. Now this is not the place to question the validity of peaceful factions or whether or not such a faction should exist in the first place, that will be covered in another thread at another point in our timeline. However, this does bring into question exactly what measures must be taken to regulate this type of faction to ensure that such actions cannot be taken with such reckless abandon. Now I am aware that this may not seem to be a very clear threat, but as far as I am aware that when limitations do not exist to prohibit behavior or tactics that would grant one an advantage which allows oneself the ability to act outside the limitations which govern others, then there is an issue. I hope to see this resolved, as what appears to be access to infinite land without regulation could be very hazardous to not only the level of enjoyment of the server overall, but to the reputation of the owner and said server as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Honestly I never wanted any peaceful factions.
I feel like that if you join a PvP server it's common sence that you PvP.

But yet I am not the owner of this server , I am not saying that SnowGorilla is a bad owner , but I feel like he's doing some things he should be rethinking about.
For example ; He also tp's people to eachother , which is in my eyes weird to do.
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Hehe, Fight! My minions.
Back to top Go down
OblivionKyuubi

OblivionKyuubi

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:44 am

Teleporting players to players is abuse of power. Unless they are in the same party and or you allow tpa access, players should have to walk all the way over to other players in order to do what they wanted to do. However just because the owner is online you shouldn't be allowed to use that, I believe that is not an exploit of power but of "friendship" or "kindness" shown by the owner of the server. If I must I'll bring this topic to Snowgorilla's attention.

On another note, there are a lot of mod applications that need to be looked at in order to help when he is away. To take care of simple things so he can keep his attention to situations such as this.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 am

I honestly think we should get rid of peaceful factions. If they want to be in a non-PvP environment then they should go to the Survival Server. Just my opinion. It kind of defeats the purpose of a PvP server.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 am

zZzSleepinGrunt wrote:
I honestly think we should get rid of peaceful factions. If they want to be in a non-PvP environment then they should go to the Survival Server. Just my opinion. It kind of defeats the purpose of a PvP server.

Agreed. I do have to say that admin factions should be peaceful though, so nonsense won't start up because of them. Mao is correct on that.
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

I do Disagree with some of you and agree with some of you.
I do Agree about the Admins having to go to a peaceful faction or no drama will Start again. I don't agree on the peaceful faciton stuff. yeah I am the first xD. What I think and I might be pulling away from Eden, But there is a secend That is There ONLy to repair. I dunno what the fun in that is but that is what the faction is for
Back to top Go down
OblivionKyuubi

OblivionKyuubi

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 am

Mcmmo is also on the Survival server.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:29 am

If you have high stats in something such as archery, axes, or swords, doesn't that make the said objects more powerful in any sort of manner? If so, I suggest that we change that. You can probably see why if I am correct on this
Back to top Go down
bk201soren

bk201soren

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 am

GojoMaximus wrote:
If you have high stats in something such as archery, axes, or swords, doesn't that make the said objects more powerful in any sort of manner? If so, I suggest that we change that. You can probably see why if I am correct on this
Yes you gain power with axes, archery, and unarmed. Axes and unarmed have increased power to help them compare with swords once they level up enough. Of course the amount of power you can gain from either skill can be maxed out at low stats. The high levels give out only a few things, like a slightly greater chance of disarming, doing a little bonus damage to armour, and your ability lasting an extra second.

Now high archery levels are different. As far as I know that just keeps on increasing damage. It can be overpowering at high levels, but you need to spend years to get it up that high. And the swords skill means you deal just a little more damage per second when it's leveled up. You'll counter attack slightly more on average and bleed enemies more often. It doesn't gain nearly as much power as any of the other skills does, but it makes up for it by enchantments making in the preferred physical weapon of choice.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:16 pm

I think that the axes and unarmed stats should stay, but the most powerful (dealing damage) they can get are around diamond sword with a sharpness 4 enchant. Perhaps they could be able to use fire aspect II as one of there effects.

When it comes to archery, I think it should stay the same, but get rid of the op aspect, although it will take a while, it can still be abused. People may not have a chance against said person when they have a bow and are very high in that stat.
Back to top Go down
OblivionKyuubi

OblivionKyuubi

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

This report is about the Peaceful Faction exploiting, not about the mcmmo stats.
Please create a topic in the PvP forum discussing that in there. Unless it directly involves the Peaceful Faction problems please post in another forum post. Thank you. Sorry if I seem rude but this was getting a little off topic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:39 pm

People didn't get my thing. IT WASN"T ABOUT MCMMO. if anyone saw my point it was about doing a job and staying out of the way. NOT mcmmo. Factions. What I see is that factions are like Countries. Some Stay out of the way, and the others don't
Back to top Go down
Miska (taters3121)

Miska (taters3121)

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Here's the thing those countries you talk about have no choice but to be in that world and the world also isnt about war among countries but minecraft PVP is and that's the whole point of it. This is minecraft you have a choice to be on the PVP or survival server. PVP is made for griefing, killing eachother, and competition among factions that's the whole point about PVP. What's the point if you arn't going to do any of that if your just going to sit there and do nothing. Just play on the survival server if you want to be "friendly"
Back to top Go down
Mr.JimBlob

Mr.JimBlob

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 am

Miska (taters3121) wrote:
Here's the thing those countries you talk about have no choice but to be in that world and the world also isnt about war among countries but minecraft PVP is and that's the whole point of it. This is minecraft you have a choice to be on the PVP or survival server. PVP is made for griefing, killing eachother, and competition among factions that's the whole point about PVP. What's the point if you arn't going to do any of that if your just going to sit there and do nothing. Just play on the survival server if you want to be "friendly"
Who is this guy? I like him, he can stay.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:02 am

Sorry about the MCMMO thing >.<

When I heard about it I kind of started getting on a role
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Exploits [PVP]   Peaceful Exploits [PVP] Empty

Back to top Go down

Peaceful Exploits [PVP]
Page 1 of 1