Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to install mods

Go down 
+4
Aus
~Tylo
Pie55555
Muffinmuncher115
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

How to install mods Empty
PostSubject: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:07 am

I thought people would need this, since so many people don't know how to install mods. Write a link to the mod you want to install below. Please have the mod from the Minecraft forums because that way I know its less likely a virus.
Just ask and I'll make an install guide for it ASAP. Also, I can't do an install guide for any computer that is not Windows 7/Vista/XP because I don't own one. (Sorry)

Edit: I've made an FAQ to help some people.
Q: I got a black screen when I started minecraft! How do I fix it?
A: Black screens are caused by not deleting the META-INF folder and sometimes incompatibility between mods. To fix it, go to the Minecraft Launcher and click Options above login. Click force update and log in. A new minecraft.jar will be downloded.

Q: I get an error message saying "Minecraft has crashed!" and I can't start the game!
A: This is caused by missing certain API's or incompatibility between mods. It can also be caused by incorrect installation. Open the Minecraft Launcher and under Options click Force Update and log in.

Q: I can play Minecraft fine until I use a certain item from the mod.
A: That is a problem with the mod itself and if an error report shows up, copy and paste it onto the Minecraft Forums topic of the mod.

Q: My question isn't listed!
A: Ask me it and I'll come up with a solution for it.

Edit 2: I've added tips for installing mods.

Tips:
1: Always back up your files!

2: Keep a folder with all of the mods you use.

3: Only download mods that have screenshots of it on the forum post.

4: Mods that are on the Minecraft Forums are usually safe, so try to only download from there.

5: Use 7-Zip for opening .zip and .jar files. (Its easier)

Last edited by Muffinmuncher115 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pie55555

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:55 am

For different Mods. It can be different
Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 pm

No, I'll write an individual guide for each mod.
Back to top Go down
~Tylo

~Tylo

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:28 am

hey muffin i want to get a .mc with that chest sorter and optifine need help :]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tylogaming
Aus

Aus

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:31 am

Awww, too bad I really need help with installing a sound pack mod. But I have Windows XP Sad
Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:03 pm

I can do Windows XP. To install Optifine, first install 7-Zip or Winrar. Next, open Optifine with Winrar or 7-Zip. Click on the start menu and type run in the search bar. Open Run and type %appdata%. It should bring up a list of folders, open the one named ".minecraft". Next open the bin folder and open "minecraft.jar" with Winrar/7-Zip. Then delete the folder named "META-INF". Lastly, drag all of the files from the Optifine zip file into minecraft.jar. And I'm not sure what chest sorting mod you are using, so could you post a link to the topic.
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Wait, so you can do XP? I really need help installing "Retro sounds pack mod"
If you google it, it will come up.

Add me on Skype if you think you can help.
Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:48 am

First download the Sound Pack mod and the Retro sounds pack. Now download the recommended build of Minecraft Forge here: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html

Open all of the files you downloaded with Winrar or 7-Zip. Now click start and type run and on Run type %appdata%. Look for the folder named .minecraft and in there, open bin, then open minecraft.jar with Winrar or 7-Zip. Now drag all of the files from Minecraft Forge into minecraft.jar and delete the folder named META-INF. Close that and go back into .minecraft and see if there is a folder named "mods". If there is not, create one. Now drag the .jar file from the Sound Pack mod into the mods folder. Now start Minecraft and hopefully you get no errors. Now close it and go back to .minecraft and you should see a folder named soundpacks. Drag the .rar file from the Retro sound pack into there and you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 am

For some reason, the link isn't working. But I do have an idea. What if you send me the files over Skype. Then I'lll do the rest?
Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 am

Sorry, I can't send it because of copyrights. Just google Minecraft Forge, you should find it.
Back to top Go down
Aus

Aus

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 pm

I did google it, but nothing loads up for some reason.
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 am

Aren't the creators of Minecraft forge having some issues right now? That may be why nothing is popping up
Back to top Go down
Xuluf

Xuluf

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 am

Is it that hard???? http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/

Also those minecraft has crashed errors paste them in here, and I can see what mod is failing and why Smile (making mods is awesome ya know)
Back to top Go down
GojoMaximus

GojoMaximus

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 am

Asacole wrote:
Is it that hard???? http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/

Also those minecraft has crashed errors paste them in here, and I can see what mod is failing and why Smile (making mods is awesome ya know)

Looks like I was wrong xD
Back to top Go down
minecraft_mastr1

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 am

i need help on installing rays minimap any help?

Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:04 am

Ok, first go to the start menu and type %appdata%/ and press enter. Go to the .minecraft and then into the bin folder. Now, you need Win-Rar or 7-Zip for this step. Now you should see a file named minecraft.jar, or just named minecraft, open it and delete the folder named META-INF. Now finally, drag all of the files from the Rei's minimap zip file into the minecraft.jar.
Back to top Go down
Carman00

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Aus wrote:
I did google it, but nothing loads up for some reason.
For the "Run" Menu hit Windows Key + R. Type %appdata% then hit enter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to install mods   How to install mods Empty

Back to top Go down

How to install mods
Page 1 of 1