Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Better awareness of the rules.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

Better awareness of the rules. Empty
PostSubject: Better awareness of the rules.   Better awareness of the rules. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Today, when I was talking to some guy in the old forest biome, I suddenly saw soooo many floating trees. I'm still busy removing them all.. LogBlock doesn't even show who left them hanging, so I can't rollback.

I think that a lot of players don't really know what the rules are. They read the signs at the spawn once, and then they'll probably forget it after one day.

So I had the idea of something with the broadcast plugin. Add a broadcast saying: 'Rember everyone, read /rules and remember them!' Because Peach or snowy can change the /rules to the server rules in one of the configs, I hope. This way more people will be aware of the rules, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Better awareness of the rules.   Better awareness of the rules. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 am

worth a try, theres a rule board in the jails too, along with forum, mc page, compendium
Back to top Go down
xSheepOwnerx

xSheepOwnerx

PostSubject: Re: Better awareness of the rules.   Better awareness of the rules. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:28 am

I know that, but when people are in jail, they'll probably go afk, or offline. And the people who grief or spam, etc, are mostly the kind of people that don't read the forums.
Back to top Go down
Kc_steve

Kc_steve

PostSubject: Re: Better awareness of the rules.   Better awareness of the rules. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 am

Really people dont even read the rules at the start.

My 2 IRL mates joined the server couple days ago, neither of them even seen the rule signsand just ran straight ahead.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Better awareness of the rules.   Better awareness of the rules. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 am

Kc_steve wrote:
Really people dont even read the rules at the start.

My 2 IRL mates joined the server couple days ago, neither of them even seen the rule signsand just ran straight ahead.

Aye but people will do that anyhow, theres no way to fix that, thats why the maze covers the basics, so we don't get asked the same questions all day long

How do i get builder again?
Back to top Go down
Flaughternaught (Akikira)

Flaughternaught (Akikira)

PostSubject: Re: Better awareness of the rules.   Better awareness of the rules. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:23 am

Maybe we should turn the maze into a redstone games using the same logic as an AND gate to answer questions. There could be Buttons near signs with answers (because we could be able to reset the buttons with a pressure plate later on) which the right combination would open a door (with the reseting pressure plate afterwards). Also we could give out a book with the rules in it as one of the starting items (I'll get working on the book, in case it's lost it could also be used as a /kit).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better awareness of the rules.   Better awareness of the rules. Empty

Back to top Go down

Better awareness of the rules.
Page 1 of 1