Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Members+ Voting for Mods+

Go down 
+5
Muffinmuncher115
Kc_steve
zZzSleepinGrunt
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire
tinyman333
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tinyman333

Members+ Voting for Mods+ Empty
PostSubject: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 am

Some people yesterday recommended that the members of Starmine and up should be able to vote to vote for Mods and Admins. I didnt have anything to do with this so dont go blaming me. We're just saying they're the ones who play the most so why not let them Vote Huh? Think it over.
Back to top Go down
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:50 am

that is so right tiny and like some people who play on for longer stay the same and the newer ones go up
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:53 am

I find it funny how Hobnob isnt on as near as much as Tiny is, and how we have no say in who gets mod/admin? At least let us have a vote. We are the ones who have to deal with who is admin/mod. The people of starmine should have a voice. Tiny has been a mod since what April? And what about hobnob? A couple weeks if not less? I think I speak for most of us when I say we would like to know why hobnob got picked over Tiny.I would also just like to know what other people might think on the matter.

Last edited by zZzSleepinGrunt on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kc_steve

Kc_steve

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:53 am

Voting No because the popularity of a player/mod shoud not be the reason for them being promoted.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 am

Popularity? That isnt the reason why. Just because we are members/donors doesnt mean we are voting yes/no because we like them or not.
Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:55 am

I'm staying neutral in this because I don't really know what to vote for..
Back to top Go down
Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

Marsh_The_Mod_On_Fire

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:56 am

kc this is not for popularity its for people who are on this alot and for the longest dont really get praised as much as the newist
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 am

Respect muffin, maybe not all members and + but maybe people that have had experience.
Back to top Go down
Kc_steve

Kc_steve

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 am

zZzSleepinGrunt wrote:
Popularity? That isnt the reason why. Just because we are members/donors doesnt mean we are voting yes/no because we like them or not.

I'm sure most people will vote for thier favorite mod for promotion, I'm sure not everyone will but most would.(I probally would)

I can just see when its votes that decide you can get a big group of friends and get 1 of them promoted to Admin and the abuse it, I have seen it happen before.

I have faith in Peach and Snowy to pick the Mods and Admins of whom they trust to do the server justice.
I don't have faith in other players to pick who is best for the job.
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:07 am

Kc dont you find it just a little bit funny how Tiny got ratted out of admin 2 times? Ash then now hobnob? Tiny has had mod longer than the both of them. Tiny is on more often. Maybe not all but some members+ could get the option to have a say in it? Im not saying have everyone have a absolute say and total vote in it all. The point is to have the people of starmine have a voice.
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:30 am

Admins and Mods vote for mods, Admins vote for admins, thats how it is, and thats how it will remain
Back to top Go down
tinyman333

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 am

Not how it should be Members play the most Donors keep the server running why not let em vote
Back to top Go down
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 am

That seems fine but why cant some people have their opinion in the matter and have their votes mean something? I still dont understand why Tiny hasnt gotten admin yet. 2 times hes been voted over.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ

RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:20 am

you guys do realise that inactive mods are very likely to lose the place any way right? you would have better luck setting up a thread to report mods that are inactive.
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:13 am

Guys time on the server dosnt give u definete chance of gaining a rank , u need to be helping with builds/ helping players and bumping the forums ... also on the players voting for mod = bad idea , players are just going to vote for there freinds , it would not be fair.

Last edited by Motherhobnob :) on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 am

RyubosJ wrote:
you guys do realise that inactive mods are very likely to lose the place any way right? you would have better luck setting up a thread to report mods that are inactive.

That is a super idea!
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Also guys did u ever think about different time zones? tiny is american hell be on at my night time , so it will look like he is on more.. ill be in bed when it his mid day in the usa
Back to top Go down
tinyman333

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:51 am

I already know the mods that are getting demoted cause its not hard, and hob do you really time is important or do you just not want to loose your precious Admin?
Back to top Go down
Mr Hobnob

Mr Hobnob

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:08 am

pardon tiny i didnt quiet get what u said before "im on 24/7"

"do u really time is important"

what do u mean?
Back to top Go down
iAsh_

iAsh_

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:31 am

Guys Put a end to this, No more arguing and I'am locking this topic.
Back to top Go down
tinyman333

PostSubject: I was    Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:31 am

I was replying to hobs question tongue and You finally showed up! Mods can post no matter what Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

And can get themselves demoted for acting pretty stupid too
Back to top Go down
tinyman333

PostSubject: l   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Then good for me im doing a cause for everyone on the server
Back to top Go down
tinyman333

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Motherhobnob Smile wrote:
pardon tiny i didnt quiet get what u said before "im on 24/7"

"do u really time is important"

what do u mean?

Cause im on when the most players are on
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Tiny I don't know why you have adopted such a negative and disrespecting tone to fellow members of the community, I hope to see that you grow out of this pretty sharpish. You are to be setting an example to our friendly community, not spitting your dummy out when being passed over for Admin - you, like all Moderators, will gain Admin when we feel the individual can handle the extra responsibilities. They do this by desmonstrating their ability to assist others with hawkeye and general questions, posting on the MC, assisting the server builds.

Recently we have felt that certain moderators have not fulfilled these duties, and for two weeks we have held a number of names in mind. Unfortunately I am more regularly receiving correspondence from our fellow members on mods they feel aren't performing their duties - as such, some mods have been removed, and applications are open so that we can have the best staff on the server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members+ Voting for Mods+   Members+ Voting for Mods+ Empty

Back to top Go down

Members+ Voting for Mods+
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next