Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starmine Minecraft Server - Survival 46.105.108.19:25594

Starmine Minecraft Server Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Admin shop is selling the wrong things

Go down 
+4
PeachCai
Muffinmuncher115
zZzSleepinGrunt
Arronsyaoran
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Arronsyaoran

Arronsyaoran

Admin shop is selling the wrong things Empty
PostSubject: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:45 am

I've noticed that alot of goods that the Admin Shop sells are very common, and very easy to get, while on the other hand, not selling certain impossible/hard to get items.

Here are some items they're selling that don't make sense:
1. Stack of Obsidian for 1k: Obsidian is easy with a Diamond Pick and Water Bucket, you should at least let admin shop buy obsidian from players.
2. Gold Ore and Iron Ore: Again, very easy to obtain. It buys Iron Ore for not nearly enough and Doesn't buy Gold Ore from players at all.
3. Pine Saplings: Admin Shop Doesn't need to sell these at all. In fact, they need to buy them from players if anything at all.
4. Sand/Sandstone and Dirt/Gravel/Cobblestone: If you're gonna have Admin Shop sell Sand/Sandstone, you might as well have them buy/sell Dirt/Gravel/Cobblestone as well. Especially Cobblestone since it will save me from wasting coal just to sell smooth stone.

I believe it is more important to sell rare/impossible goods than buy Saplings/common dirt/stone/sand/etc. from players:
1. Cracked and Chiseled Stone Brick: It is currently impossible to obtain these in the game. Admin Shop Doesn't sell it.
2. Tall Grass FERNS: It will take quite alot of searching just to find one Fern grass in the fields. Admin Shop should sell them.
3. Lapis Ore and Redstone Ore: Unlike the easy to get Gold/Iron Ore, it is extremely hard to get Lapis and Redstone Ore and Impossible without a Silk Touch Pickaxe, which only comes on 1 out of every 10-20 picks enchanted.
4. Cobwebs: It is currently impossible to get Cobwebs without 750 in excavation, and even then it's not a common drop.
5. Sponges: Not necessary for Survival, due to it being a Creative Mode item, but it'd be nice.

So please, consider what's easy to get, what's hard to get, and what players value most when making Admin Shops. The Admin Shop of Era 1 was beautiful(except it sold Tools/Armour, Food and Coloured Wool). The Admin Shops of Era 2 look alot smaller.
If you don't have room for everything, at least sell the 5 rare things i've listed above.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
zZzSleepinGrunt

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 pm

I totally agree with Arron. We should improve/change the shops up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Muffinmuncher115

Muffinmuncher115

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:56 pm

I agree with all of this
Back to top Go down
PeachCai

PeachCai

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:03 pm

The shops sell ore blocks, you cannot obtain these without silk touch.

The shops also sell sand so that those players living in the desert biomes dont have to put up with people coming and destroying their biome.

The shops do not sell dirt, only grass blocks

All the prices are set with /worth, these are qhy prices are so high, and the reason why it does not allow players ot sell the likes of obsidian back to them.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ

RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 am

can we buy wool?
Back to top Go down
Arronsyaoran

Arronsyaoran

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:16 pm

The only silk touch ore the shop sells is diamond and coal. I need to find Redstone/Lapis ore still, and if we can't sell obsidian to admin shop, might as well replace it with something more useful, since obsidian is way too expensive in admin shop.
Back to top Go down
Flaughternaught (Akikira)

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 am

Things aren't supposed to be easy with admin shop. As I remember it starting, admin shop was ment to sell rare and impossible to get things for a high price. I do agree they need to be selling the rare and impoosible to get stuff but the point wasn't to have good prices. Also for the same reasons that they would be expensive I think they either shouldn't buy things at all or not buy things for much. The main way of getting good prices and find shops that but thing for a good price is supposed to be player shops. That's how we would keep the economy going. We can't rely on admin shops too much.
Back to top Go down
Snowyboy

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 am

There are always people that get insanely amounts of in-game money, which means that basically they got more power of the game.
Let's say sponges for example , they are extremely handy for everyone , they keep water in them , which means you can build under-water.
For people who can afford these it's amazing , but for people who can't its not.
I do agree with the fact that some admin shops-prices are a bit to high or to low, but like peach said all these prices were from essentials itself.
Back to top Go down
GravekeepersCat

GravekeepersCat

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

This is the downfall of a static economy plugin, at some point everything just tanks.

But, unfortunately by catering towards those with less money, your managing to diminish the worth of those people who are enterprising enough to gain large values of gold, which isn't all that hard if your willing to try.

To put it in a metaphor: Sony doesn't refrain from making an 88" flat screen TV just because the average person lacks the cash to buy one.

and if you dont give people with more money a way to spend it proactively, you end up with somone like me, who too my hundreds of thousands of mines, bought as much diamond ore as i could, broke it with fortune, then sold it again just to destroy its value when i thought it was too high, and was just bored. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 am

To help out the people who don't have much money I was planning on making a cheaper priced shop district in bluefront that way people who don't have much money can head there, buy a cheap shop, and start making money. I have to finish the town hall first.
Back to top Go down
Arronsyaoran

Arronsyaoran

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 am

I think Admin shop should stop selling the common stuff(sand, slabs, saplings, obsidian) and sell ALL of the impossible to get stuff(chiseled stone brick, lapis ore, redstone ore)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admin shop is selling the wrong things   Admin shop is selling the wrong things Empty

Back to top Go down

Admin shop is selling the wrong things
Page 1 of 1